60 Please, no more weeks like last week
Last week was so incredibly stressful, I don't know if I could handle two of them in a row.
First, was finding out about Kevin, then Tuesday, finding out about my shoulder, then on Wednesday.... well, I went to the dentist for my usual cleaning, and the dentist found something out of the ordinary. He wants me to go to an oral surgeon for a biopsy on a lesion on my tongue.
When I told my wife about that last one, she went nuts with worry, not something I wanted her to do. My appointment is for a week from today.
SO..... lets hope for a better week this week huh!
Tomorrow is my first Physical Therapy appointment for my shoulder. I bet I'll be pretty sore after that.
Friday night, my friend Dave and I went out to dinner and a movie. We saw "Vantage Point", which was pretty good.
Saturday, I did a lot of work on stuff for the car club I belong to. I've probably posted it before, but here's the link to the club website that I do.
Sunday, we had our Wine Dinner for the wine group I belong to. Here's what was on the menu:
Hors D' Oeuvres:
Wine: Champagne and Mimosa's
International Cheeses and Crackers
Cut Vegetables with Dip
Antipasto
Vegetarian and Meat Crostinis
Appetizer:
Wine: Chapel Hill Angelica - Verdelho
Sweet & Sour Grilled Chicken with wilted Bok Choy
Soup:
Wine: Luna - Pinot Grigio
Roasted Tomato with Assiago Crostini
Salad:
Wine: Williamette Valley Vineyards - Pinot Noir
Panznalla, Marinated Flank Steak, Mescaline Greens, Toasted Chiabatta & Fresh Mozzarella with a Tomato Basil Vinaigrette
Intermezzo:
Lemon Sorbet
Entree: (choice of one)
Wine: Burgess - Merlot
Tenderloin of Beef, Blue Cheese Risotto with Broccoli
or
Wine: Faively Macon - Prisse
Swordfish with Strawberry Butter, Sweet Potato Hash and Vegetable Slaw
Dessert:
Wine: Fonseca - Port Bin 27
Cheeries Jubilee over Chocolate Cake
Everything was outstanding, with the exception of the dessert, which seemed to be chocolate cake topped with canned cherry pie filling. Quite a surprise after such a great meal.
Well, I have to run... have a wonderful day all!

3 Comments:
Hi Dave ~~ Thank you for the Welcome
Home. I am so sorry you are having so many problems and hope they will all come right very soon.
My condolences on the loss of your friend Kevin ~ he sounded like a good guy. Take care, Dave and best of luck with the tests. Don't worry until you have to. Regards, Merle.
Dear Dave:
You know that i am sending you my very best...good luck with the shoulder therapy, i hope you don't hurt too much afterward!
i'll be sending prayer for the 7th, that the surgeon find what he need, and that the lesion turns out to be a bit of nothing!
Hang in there, my friend! {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Hey Dave,
I hope this week goes better for you and that next week is even better. Good luck with everything
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home