Friday, May 30, 2008

84 Called Because of Rain

Well, it looks as if our big Street Festival & Car Show tomorrow is going to be called on account of rain. The forecast isn't very pretty.. and for the first time ever, it's fairly certain we're going to postpone until next Saturday. While it's quite a burden for us, consider all the food vendors that ordered quite a lot of extra food for tomorrow. Hopefully, they can freeze what they have until next week (and hope that next week it doesn't rain either!).

Well, I'm anxious to show you all my other great picture of the vacation.

Tell me what you think:

deck9

 

(Click on the picture to get a good look at it)

I don't know what exactly makes it so beautiful to me.. maybe it's the angled bars coming down and the sea through them.. but I really love this picture.

 

Next, I have a joke sent to me by my friend Mike H:

A Russian woman married a American and they lived happily ever after in

Buffalo.   However, the poor lady was not very proficient in English, but did
manage to communicate with her husband.  The real problem arose 
whenever she had to shop for groceries.
One day, she went to the butcher and wanted to buy chicken legs.  She  didn't
know how to put forward her request, and in desperation, clucked like a 
chicken and lifted up her skirt to show her thighs.  Her butcher got the  message,
and gave her the chicken legs.
Next day she wanted to get chicken breasts, again she didn't know how to  say
it, and so she clucked like a chicken and unbuttoned her blouse to show  the
butcher her breasts.  The butcher understood again, and gave her some  chicken
breasts.
On the 3rd day, the poor lady needed to buy sausages.  Unable to find  a way
to communicate this, she brought her husband to the store...
(Hold your left mouse button down as you roll over the next two lines)

What were you thinking?  Hellooooooo, her husband speaks English! 
Now get back to work.   I don't know about you sometimes!

Well, that's it for today... have a great weekend all!

7 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Cool pic, Dave. I like the way the lines lead the eye.

Sorry your show got rained out.

May 30, 2008 at 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pic!

Which ship was this again?

May 30, 2008 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Again, a good pic and the joke was good. I like the way you did the hidden 2 lines. Thanks for the Birthday wishes- it's never too late!
Glad you enjoyed the jokes and the story of the Miracle. Take care, Looking forward to more pics from your cruise. Regards, Merle.

May 31, 2008 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Mike,

It was the Enchantment of the Seas.

May 31, 2008 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Merle,

All I did was make the text White! *LOL*

Works great doesn't it! *S*

May 31, 2008 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Steve Witherspoon said...

I like the Angles in that photo too!! They really make it VERY interesting.

June 1, 2008 at 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you. I really like that picture but I have no idea why I find it so striking.

Reba

June 6, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home