102 First Place - Best In Class
Through a lot of elbow work, and the help of my good friend Ray, at Sundays 16th annual All Corvette Show in Guilford CT (right near the shore), I took First Place - Best in Class for my Corvette!!!!
They finally put me in the correct class this year (last year they had me in the hardest class, "Show", which I knew I didn't belong in, and this year they put me in the Street class where my car better fits. The show class, you have to wax your wheel-wells, and take all the pebbles out of your tires.. etc. It's for complete fanatics, and yes, some of them trailer their cars to the show. I lost miserably last year, and it bothered me. This year, I'm floating on Cloud 9. The trophy is huge, and having my name called in front of hundreds of people and having them clap for me and my car... well, was outstanding.
There was over 300 Corvettes at the show this year, and the day was wonderful with temps in the high 80's and a nice sea breeze.
Here's my friend Ray putting some finishing touches on the glass on my car. As soon as I parked, we both got to work on detailing the car. You wouldn't believe what a long ride can throw up on a nice yellow paint job behind the tires, and bugs on the front not to mention brake dust on the wheels.
When done, we walked around and looked at all the gorgeous cars for an hour or so, then retreated to a nice cool shady place under a tree and have some refreshments.
Judging went pretty well, with the judge at my car doing his job, then pointing out to me things that were minor infractions, some not not my fault (very minor panel fit) to some that were (a few fingerprints, a smudge or two on a window, all in all very minor. He had mentioned before he left not to worry, almost insinuating that I was in the "trophy" hunt.. but I couldn't be as optimistic.
Here's a picture at right of some of the cars in my year range, though not necessarily my class. There was one other area this size with Vettes of the same years.
The classes work as follows:
For all 2001-2004 Corvettes, there are separate categories for Coupes (like I have), Convertibles and Z-06 (high performance) Vettes.
More pictures Wednesday, but for now.. suffice it to say, I'm on cloud 9 over this win! Next year, I'll move up one class and see if I can win there.
Have a great Monday!

8 Comments:
Oh, Crapola! Now you gotta go buy all new hats, for I am sure your hat size has grown a bit since Friday.! But seriously, congrats!
My head hurts just thinking about my wife's 1981 Datsun 280ZX that is languishing in the garage. At 73K miles, it's mechanically sound, but time has taken its toll on the rubber and plastic components.
(Sigh)
Have a good week!
Woooooohooooooo!
Congratulations, Dave! i had no idea that the "TEST" for a car show was so grueling! You'd almost have to have a car slave to pass muster on that! i mean if a bird goes by and craps on your car, you're in deep doo-doo!
Well, my highest congratulations to one who deserves first place!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
WTG Dave. That is one beautiful car you have knowing first hand having taken many rides with you in it. Congrats, big time.
Mega congratulations Dave! It is a truly lovely car.
Reba
Hi Dave ~~ Many Congratulations, if you can hear from Cloud Nine. You did very well and it must have been a great thrill for you _ and the car !!
The previous post was interesting also about your friends and I hope you get to spend more time with them.
Thanks for your comment about the photo of Connie (aka Meow) and myself,and the scan turned out fine - a ganglion and leave it for now at least. Take care, my friend, Best Wishes, Merle.
WOWIE 300 and your best. well well DAVE. CONGRATS TO YOU.. that trophy is almost as tall as yOU!!
It looks fantastic!! WELL DONE!!
: ) PS have you ever used Q tips to clean out your vents or is that for the fanatics??
How the heck did I miss this one? Congratulations, Dave! Nice trophy and, of course, great car.
WOOHOO!!!! Congrats! See how cool you are? :-D I'm happy for you!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home