Wednesday, August 20, 2008

117 - Sick of Being Sick

Yep. I came down with the full fledged, 100% awful summer cold.

By the time I went to bed Sunday night, I knew I was in trouble. The sore throat made it impossible to swallow, and the runny nose made me want to swallow every other second.

At 1:30am, I got up and my son was up watching TV. I asked him in my nicest voice if he'd run out to the 24 hour pharmacy to get me some NyQuil (we were out). When he got back, I quickly tore off the safety wrapper and gulped down the syrupy cherry liquid and went back to bed, finally getting some sleep.

When I woke up Monday, I was sick as a dog, and called out of work. My body felt like I went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.

Things didn't get much better till Tuesday afternoon, and while I'm still coughing a bit, I'm a LOT better than I was.

Yes, I pretty much was sick all day long on my birthday. Yuck.

Now, to answer some questions:

Mark, Lime Rock is a road course, not an oval, hence the cars appear to be on a road, they're actually on a race track, newly paved at that!

G'Day Peter! I'm VERY glad to see you're back blogging!

Welcome Diane and Hula Doula! I hope you stop back again! *S*

Merle, it's always nice seeing your name in my comments! Karen and I have been friends for ever it seems... she's such a sweetie!

Well, with that, I'm going to close for now and get some rest.

Have a wonderful hump-day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Dah-veed. That first hint of sore throat feeling is the worst, because you know it's only the beginning.

Some say Nyquil doesn't have enough of any one ingredient to do a lot of good, but on the rare occasion I'm sick like that, it helps me sleep.

August 20, 2008 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I hope you're feeling better, especially because you have a birthday to celebrate!

*HUGS*

August 21, 2008 at 8:13 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I hope your cold soon moves on and leaves you alone as they
make you feel awful in the summer.
Drink plenty of fluids and get some rest. Take care, Very best wishes,
Merle. Thanks for your comments.

August 21, 2008 at 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so sorry to see that you have been so ill! i just got back from my self-imposed evacuation away from this dumb excuse for a hurricane, and came home rested and happy until i noticed that my ceiling has developed a leak in the kitchen. i am angrier than a wet hen over this since the condo was supposed to have fixed this back when we had the last hurricanes in 2005 (?)! Apparently they did NOT fix it, and now i'll have to have that repaired. i'm hoping to not lose the wallpaper as well as a portion of my ceiling! Grrrrrr...

Feel better, my friend!

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

August 21, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home