154 - More MIL News
Well, my MIL went to the oncologist on Friday, and the bad news is the cancer she has is a very aggressive type. She has to go for a PET Scan this Tuesday, to see if it's anywhere else in her body. She also has to have both Chemo and Radiation.
The good news is she doesn't appear at least yet to have any more, but we'll find out more after the PET Scan. Keep your thoughts and prayers coming folks!
The Wine & Food tasting on Friday night was outstanding, and we had a very good time. We found many wines we like and wrote them all down for later reference.
Saturday night, I went with 2 friends to see Quantum of Solace, the new James Bond movie. I was disappointed in some huge plot holes, and the complete lack of any Bond "Gadgets". It was, at best, a good movie.
Sunday, my daughter and I took the Vette for one last ride, then put the cover on her for the winter. *frown*
That's it for now.. very busy writing this tonight, so I'll leave you with this funny:
Here's a Texas one for Mark:
Two guys are speeding through Texas when a state trooper pulls them over. The trooper walks up to the drivers side of the car, gets out his billy club and smacks the driver across the face. Stunned, the driver asks, ''Why did you do that??''
The trooper responds, ''You're in Texas now son, you have that license out and ready around here!''
''I apologize sir, I'm not from around here.''
The trooper then walks to the passenger side of the car, and taps on the window. The passenger rolls down his window and the trooper takes out his club and smacks the passenger across the face.
''What was that for?'' asked the passenger.
''I know your kind,'' says the trooper, ''About two miles down the road you would have looked at your buddy and said 'I wish that son of a bitch would have tried that crap with me!'''
Have a nice Monday all...!

10 Comments:
Sorry to hear that about your MIL's cancer. I'm sending good thoughts that direction.
What're you doing up at 1:30am Mark??
i will definitely send a prayer for your MIL, Dave...i'm sorry to hear that news!
Too bad about your baby being put up for the winter...you should move to Florida, then it could be "out" year around except for the occasional hurricane!
Loved the joke...thanks for making me laugh, i'd not heard that one before!
Yours,
michelle {'lil o}
Hi Dave ~~ So very sorry about the news
on your MIL and hope and pray she can beat it. Good joke, must remember not to go to Texas. Thanks for your supportive comments as always Dave, Thank you also for saying get some rest as I must. Take care, will keep your MIL in my prayers. Very Best Wishes, Merle.
I check into your blog once in a while and was so saddened to hear about your mother-in-law. Not an easy thing to go thru. My sweetie's dad has been in and out of ICU for 3 months now. FINALLY on the upswing but its been a long haul.
Hang in there Dave. Have a nice Thanksgiving !!! Joanne B in Mass
I FINALLY joined google and now dont have to post anonymously !! WOOHOO !!!
Uploaded a pic. HERE I AM !!! *smiling*
G'day Dave, hopr your MIL can beat her cancer problems, it's always tough when folk we know and love are ill.
Re the coat of arms on parliament house, like the big flagpole it's stainless steel but it looked like it could be floodlit at night... didn't see it lit up though.
Hi again Dave ~~ Many thanks for your comments. Prayers continue for your MIL
Very best wishes, Merle.
Prayers coming... I hope the PET scan results are good. Lots of HUUUUGS
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home