169 - 2009 Already....
Hopefully, we've all had a wonderful New Years Eve and Day.. and are looking forward to a new, bright year full of promise.
I'd like to thank the constant visitors here, michelle, Mark, Karen, Peter, Merle, Caroldee, Mike H (lurker), Joanne (coming out of lucking mode), Curt, poopee shmoopee, Bubba, and all the rest that come to visit me. How they believe I'm worth reading I don't know.. *chuckling*
Well, our New Years Eve was quiet. It snowed all day, and we had around 5 inches of the white stuff right after we had gotten rid of the stuff we got 2 weeks ago! With that happening, we stayed home, had some great food, a bottle of Asti and watched 2 movies.
The movies were Hancock (with Will Smith), which was at best, OK, and the other was HellBoy II. While I very much liked the first HellBoy, the second one left me ambivalent. It wasn't nearly as good as the first one.
Friday night, I went to the movies with a friend to see The Day the Earth Stood Still. Now, one of my top 5 movies of all time is the original, and I own it on DVD and VCR, and while the new one is OK, it would have been better as a movie on it's own, not with this name. It too, left me wondering "if they just did a tiny bit more....".
Other than that, things are well here at the DChamp hacienda. I'm looking forward to my next vacation in 40 days (to Curacao).
I hope you and yours had a wonderful time, and wish you all the best in 2009!
Dave

4 Comments:
Hi Dave ~~ I am so glad you liked the Ice cream story - it was a nice one. Thanks for always leaving me a nice comment. And it is a pleasure to read your blog. Feel free to copy any article that I post or joke.
Take care, my friend, Regards, Merle.
You have more snow? After reaching the mid-70's Friday and Saturday, we had freezing rain today (Monday). Snow would be a blessing. At least then we would know it's winter.
We watched Hancock over the weekend, too. I liked it, but felt it was two different movies in one. They should have covered one of the story lines more completely instead of suddenly shifting the focus. Smith's presence made it entertaining, though.
Speaking of Curacao, my wife's cousin spent a lot of time there while working for one of his company's customers. It was one of his favorite destinations.
Happy New Year!
The "Lurker"
Happy New Year to you and yours, Dave!
No joke today, huh?
Sorry you are having so much snow...but with your car, it should not be too much of a hassle...Just be sure and not shovel too much with your back!
i've been so gosh darn busy...as i am starting an Internet writing career. Thus, i may not be around as much as in the past, but hey, at least i should be making some money!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home