171 - First TGIF of 2009 !
There'll be a lot of "first" things of 2009, and as far as TGIF's go, this is going to be a much needed one already! It's been a very busy week, and I'll be glad to relax over the weekend.
Well, Microsoft is highly touting the new Windows 7 that they're writing. I already have a Beta version of it running on a PC at home, and I can tell you, if they keep going as it is now, it'll be a lot nicer than Vista (and I like Vista). It's definitely faster, has a cleaner interface, there's some nice amenities, new looks to common things like Notepad, Paint and a BIG change for something as simple as Calculator that'll make many people smile. I'm hoping to get on the official Beta testers list very soon.
I found recently, this really cool website, all about "6 word sentences". Check it out and see if you don't catch yourself trying to make some! *chuckling*
I got a picture sent to me today from my friend Mike that we went on our cruise with in December.. here it is:
It's me, talking to my daughter on the phone while on the cruise ship, having my first Pina Colada!
37 more days and I'll be in Curacao.. relaxing and enjoying the warm Southern Caribbean breezes!
Other than that, not too much new.
And now, for a joke:
10 Husbands, Still a Virgin
A lawyer married a woman who had previously divorced ten husbands.
On their wedding night, she told her new husband, "Please be gentle, I'm still a virgin."
"What?" said the puzzled groom.
"How can that be if you've been married ten times?"
"Well, Husband #1 was a sales representative: he kept telling me how great it was going to be.
Husband #2 was in software services: he was never really sure how it was supposed to function, but he said he'd look into it and get back to me.
Husband #3 was from field services: he said everything checked out diagnostically but he just couldn't get the system up.
Husband #4 was in telemarketing: even though he knew he had the order, he didn't know when he would be able to deliver.
Husband #5 was an engineer: he understood the basic process but wanted three years to research, implement, and design a new state-of-the-art method.
Husband #6 was from finance and administration: he thought he knew how, but he wasn't sure whether it was his job or not.
Husband #7 was in marketing: although he had a nice product, he was never sure how to position it.
Husband #8 was a psychologist: all he ever did was talk about it.
Husband #9 was a gynecologist: all he did was look at it.
Husband #10 was a stamp collector: all he ever did was... God! I miss him! But now that I've married you, I'm really excited!"
"Good," said the new husband, "but, why?"
"You're a lawyer. This time I know I'm gonna get screwed!"
Have a great weekend!

9 Comments:
And she probably will get screwed too.
It doesn't take much to be better than Vista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave,
I must be in the minority with my extremely poor experience with Vista. I bought a new HP desktop two years ago -- 2MB RAM -- and it is undoubtedly the slowest machine I've owned since the 386 was state-of-the-art. Right-clicking on the start button (to open windoze explorer, for example) takes about 1/2 second on this XP machine. Vista? Go pour a cup of coffee cuz it will take 5 to 10 seconds. I don't even wanna talk about that blasted green bar in windows explorer that hogs the cpu and brings the system to its knees. How about when closing Windoze Media Player and the WMP window disappears, but the app remains open? Whats up wif dat?
I ran an 800mhz, 256mb RAM AMD machine at the house for about a year on various versions of linux -- it ran circles around the VISTA machine. In an 'oops' one day, I left a liveCD for Mint in the HP (Vista) drive and booted it up. It ran like a Ferrari!
The day our last daughter leaves home next fall will be the end of the Microsoft OS era in our household. Windoze is no longer a good option for the simple browsing/email functions that occupy 95% of the keyboard time on the residential PC. [sigh] ... that will be a sad day; I will then have nothing about which I can complain ;)
I'm in the category of those not happy with Vista. So what happens when 7 is finally released? Will Vista users have to remove Vista to upgrade to 7? Or upgrade over it?
Loved that pic of you...yes, you look relaxed and very happy! *giggle*
i know nuttin' about birthin' Vista!
Yours,
michelle {'lil o}
bubbanem,
2MB of RAM? DOS won't run on 2MB of RAM!
My PC at home has 1GB of RAM and runs Vista and Windows 7 just fine.
My work notebook has 4GB of RAM and runs like a clock.
Keep in mind, they're all on "brand name" stuff.
Sorry your experience hasn't been so good.
You moving to Ubuntu? I love it.. as I know Mark who posts here does too.
Hey Dave....lookin happy and relaxed on the cruise ship. Good luck in the storm coming this weekend. UGH !!!
What's the potential release date of "7" ? I have not been a fan of Vista, although only have a laptop at work that is running it.
So getting ready for the "1st vacation of 2009" ?>
Hi Dave ~~ I get on OK with Vista but
Hear a lot of negative things about it. Lucky you to have another vacation coming up. Glad you liked
the picture of my son's puppy dogs.
They were so cute. I hope that joke about the wife mowing while the husband drinks beer on the patio
wasn't written about you Dave, was it? You may have to buy a ride-on mower!! Your jokes are good.
Take care, Regards, Merle.
Uh, Pat, I'd like to buy a "G" and sell that "M", please.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home