Monday, January 12, 2009

172 - Weekends Need to be 4 Days Long (@ least)

This weekend has FLOWN by. Seems like I just came home Friday night, as it's Sunday night. It's been a pretty busy one, and we had about 4-5 inches of snow last night, so everything's messy again. With the crummy weather, we really didn't do much this weekend outside of going to see my mom Sunday morning.

Merle, No, that story wasn't about me! *LOL*

Mike, Windows 7  will probably be out in the beginning of 2010. There's a lot of beta testing to do. I'm playing with it on a spare machine, and so far, they've done a good job with a few things that seem to be easier to use.

I notice I'm almost up to 1000 visitors since I put up a counter!

Ok, this is a weird Java thing. Click on the spider to drag it around, spacebar drops bugs for it to eat! Beyond strange.. *LOL*

I have a meeting of our car club tonight (Sunday night), we are going to start planning what we're doing for 2009.

Well, not much else to talk about right now, so here's a little joke for you:

A married couple in their early 60s was celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in a quiet, romantic little restaurant. Suddenly, a tiny yet beautiful fairy appeared on their table.
She said, "For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish."
The wife answered, "Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband." The fairy waved her magic wand and, poof, two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands.

The husband thought for a moment. "Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry, my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me."
The wife and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish. So the fairy waved her magic wand and, poof, the husband became 92 years old.
The moral of this story: Men who are ungrateful should remember fairies are female.

Have a wonderful Monday!

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul Ross said...

Good morning Dave, Here is a link to a job that only you could pull off... http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479747,00.html

January 13, 2009 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Great joke. I downloaded Windows 7 last night and will try to install it soon. I pretty much skipped Vista.

January 13, 2009 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger http://caroldee.wordpress.com said...

WELL DAVE snow cream is delicious if you get the mixtture right and dont use too much snow..then it will taste like ICE MILK.. LOL...
HEY VISTA is making me crazy...

Is there any way to make the font bigger on the browser itself?
I tried several things but it only made the page font larger. I am nearly blind looking at the top of the browser to see what pageI am on. UGH I sure hate that. GIVE me the XP back I loved it. (sulking!!)
: > S

January 13, 2009 at 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One darn thing for sure, is that i am staying with Windows XP! i do not need more computer headaches.

Cute joke, Dave!

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

January 13, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home