Friday, May 15, 2009

222 - Friday @ Last!

For some reason, this week has gone by at a snail's pace. It's not that I haven't been busy because I have, but still, it's taken forever to get to Friday.

This weekend will be busy too, as we're having a party at our house for the family, for my son's graduation. We'll cook burgers and dog's on the grill, have some salads and a good time for sure.

So, who knows what my son can do with a bachelors degree in English? *chuckling*

I can't believe how many people I now talk to on Twitter. I follow Larry King, Ashton Kutcher and his wife Demi Moore, Jeremy Clarkson, Levar Burton, Brent Spiner, Hugh Jackman, Zane Lamprey, John Cleese, Ryan Seacrest, David Letterman, William Shatner, and Mark,Caroldee and Elaine whose blogs I follow here at left! Twitter has also helped me get my daughter's money back for her notebook that's all messed up.

Saturday 9-11pm on Sci-Fi, they'll be playing the newer version of the movie The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy! I hope you watch it if you haven't seen it. The books are a lot funnier, but still it's good.

And now, on to something funny:

First of all, if you think YOU'VE had some awkward family photographs...!

The Service

One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex was staring up at the large plaque that hung in the foyer of the church.

It was covered with names, and small American flags were mounted on either side of it.

The seven-year-old had been staring at th e plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the boy, and said quietly, "Good morning, Alex."

"Good morning," replied the young man, still focused on the plaque.

"What is this?" Alex asked.

"Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service."

Soberly, they stood together, staring at the large plaque.

Little Alex's voice was trembling and barely audible when he asked, "Which service, the 9:45 or the 11:15?"

Have a great weekend all..!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Elaine said...

A lot of graduation parties this weekend.I feel sorry for all the new grads trying to find jobs in this market. My friends daughter is graduating and I asked her if she'll take off and enjoy the summer or start job hunting right away. Told me she's going to Europe for 6 weeks with friends. I volunteered to be the chaperone ;-)

May 15, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home