277 – Hump-Day is my Friday
Yep, I’m going to be off the next two days, doing some much needed work at home.
Oh, I forgot to mention about Halloween… my daughter’s God-Daughter came over with her little brother. She (Olivia) is about 2 and a half, and came as Little Bo Peep. I’ll see if I can find the picture to put here.. and her little brother Ryan was a lost sheep (dressed up in a little sheep outfit!). They were SO adorable…!
I got an email yesterday from an old friend up in Illinois. We met when working for the same company, and I had done a lot of travelling out to Rockford and we became friends instantly. His hobby (at least back then) was clocks, and he was very instrumental in helping me find a new mechanism for a grandfather clock at my house. I do miss him, and wish I had a chance to go out there again. Paul, call me or send me your number.
UCONN Basketball begins tonight with an exhibition game. This is my time of year… as I love NCAA Basketball. It’s funny, but as I get older, I enjoy having something I really look forward to ahead, whether it be basketball season which ends in March, taking the Vette out when begins in April, or vacations.
And now, a funny for you:
One rainy Sunday afternoon, a young couple were on their way to their Church to get married. On the way there, their car lost control and slammed into a telephone pole – killing them both instantly.
The couple soon found themselves standing in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, welcoming them to Heaven. The young woman asks Peter if they could get married in Heaven, since their time on Earth was cut short. He replies that he’ll get back with them on that request.
A month later, St. Peter finds them and announces that they can – in fact – get married in Heaven. To his surprise, the woman asks “Just wondering, if things don’t work out will we be able to get a divorce?”
With a stern look in his eye, Peter blurts out “Look lady, it took me a month to find a preacher up here… you really think I’m gonna find a lawyer?”
Well, I have to run quick today… I’ll try to get here Friday for a post… have a great Wednesday!

2 Comments:
Dear Dave ~~ Guess you will be working harder at home than at work
so hope you get your projects done.
Your little Halloween kids were very
cute and young.
I hope you catch up with your friend Paul again and also enjoy your sport
Good joke here too.
Thanks for your visit, glad you liked my flowers and jokes.
Don't work too hard, Regards, Merle.
Enjoy the long weekend, Dave.
Those do sound like cute costumes, by the way.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home