298 – Happy New Years!
Well, a Happy 2010 people (pronounced twenty ten). Hopefully, it’ll be a better year than 2009 was.
Between bailouts, health care, and job losses, 2009 was an awful year for many people. Hopefully, people will be back to work soon, and somehow, healthcare will become affordable to all.
My New Years Eve was quiet this year, we just cooked up a special dinner, and watched some movies. I actually didn’t make it till the ball dropped in Times Square.
Yesterday was my mom’s birthday (her 78th) and we all got together at her place for some cake and presents.
Other than that, we all tried to stay in as the weather outside was downright nasty! Light snow, temps in the low teens, and winds up 30-40mph making wind chills well below zero!
And now… for a funny:
On the last day of kindergarten, all the children brought presents for their teacher.
The florist's son handed the teacher a gift. She shook it, held it up and said, "I bet it's some flowers!"
"That's right!" shouted the little boy.
Then the candy store owner's daughter handed the teacher a gift. She held it up, shook it and said, "I bet I know what it is! It's a box of candy!"
"That's right!" shouted the little girl.
The next gift was from the liquor store owner's son. The teacher held it up and saw that it was leaking. She touched a drop with her finger and tasted it.
"Is it wine?" she asked.
"No," the boy answered. The teacher touched another drop to her tongue.
"Is it champagne?" she asked.
"No," the boy answered.
"What is it?" she said.
"A puppy!"
Have a great Monday all…!

3 Comments:
Good funny.
Glad you had a good New Year's Eve. I was a bit saddened when hearing Dick Clark speak. I suppose he is a legend, however, so if he says he wants to go on the air, you put him on the air. I was awake at 11:57 p.m. CT, and then awoke at 12:00 to my wife's voice saying, "Happy New Year!" So, I almost made it. ;-)
Yeah, it saddened me to hear DC's voice last year, and the year before.. such a legend. He shouldn't be remembered like this for sure.
Hi Dave ~~ Great funny and like you, I hope 2010 will see the economy and
employment will return to good times
for all of us. Glad you enjoyed my post, and the classes for "men and
women" were quite funny.
I hope that 2010 will be good for you and your family. I hope your mother enjoyed her birthday.
Take care, my friend, Regards,Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home