Sunday, January 24, 2010

306 – Free Airfare to San Diego

Well, I booked our airfare to San Diego, California today using the points from my Capital One credit card. Seems I had enough to pay for both tickets completely! Whoo Hoo! About $700 in airfare, free. Gotta love that!

We’re going to be going out a day early too as are our friends from Alabama, so now I have to find a hotel for that one night, and something cool to do in SD. All in all, the trip is going to be very inexpensive for us. I’m very excited about it.

Other than that, it’s been a normal weekend. We went out to dinner with our friends Ray and Debbie on Saturday night, and we had a great time.

Now, on to something funny:

That’s when the trouble began…

While attending a marriage counseling weekend, at a group session, Walter and his wife Anne listened to the instructor declare “It’s essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other” He then addressed the men: “Can you name her favorite flower?

Walter leaned over, and touched Anne’s hand gently, and announced loudly for all the husbands to hear “I sure do.. Gold Medal, All purpose, isn’t it honey!”

And thus, began Walter’s life of celibacy.

Air force one and the farmer
Air Force One crashed in the middle of rural America. Panic stricken, the Secret Service mobilized and descended on the farm in force. When they got there, the wreckage was clear. The aircraft was totally destroyed, with only a burned hulk left smoldering in a tree line that bordered a farm. Secret Service descended upon the smoking hulk but could find no remains of the crew or the President's staff. To their amazement, a lone farmer was plowing a field not too far away as if nothing at all happened. They hurried over to surround the man's actor. "Sir," the senior Secret Service agent asked, panting and out of breath. "Did you see this terrible accident happen?" "Yep. Sure did." The man muttered unconcernedly. "Do you realize that is the President of the United States' airplane?" "Yep." "Were there any survivors?" the agent gasped. "Nope. They's all kilt straight out." The farmer sighed cutting of his tractor motor. "I done buried them all myself. Took most of the morning." "The President of the United States is DEAD?" The agent gulped in disbelief. "Yep, he kept a-saying he wasn't ... but you know what a liar he is!"

Have a wonderful Monday!

3 Comments:

Blogger CAROLDEE said...

ANYTIME you get it Free that is a good thing.. Congrats!! : )

January 24, 2010 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Nice work with the free airfare.

Sounds like everything's lining up great for that cruise.

Good funnies, too.

January 25, 2010 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I see you are getting your trip organized - well done.
I liked both the funnies but the last one best.
Thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed it. I don't know if it was best ever, though.
Take care my friend, Regards, Merle.

January 26, 2010 at 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home