303 – A Look at Spam
My friend Kent from Kentucky (no pun intended) seems to have fun with spammers from Nigeria, South Africa, or generally on that continent.
First lets look at my own personal spam this morning:
From: BirthControlInfo Subject: Did you suffer a Gallbladder injury while using Birth Control?
From: Alex Subject: precsription are not needed
From: Customer Support Subject: Satellite TV for Your PC
From: GoldsGym Subject: Gold's Gym complimentary 7 Day VIP Pass
From: AcaiBerryCleanse Subject: Dr.Perricone rated Acai #1 Superfood
From: Nurse Subject: NURSING/HEALTHCARE OPENINGS - Train To Work In 2010 - $47,710 - $69,850
You get the idea.
Well, here’s what my friend Kent does (this is an email he sent to me:
I received a request from Mr. Brown in one of my anonymous email accounts:
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 11:47 AM, James Brown <company_works@yahoo.com> wrote:
I am Mr. James Brown and i am contacting you to know if you do have try pods for sale?I will like you to email me back if you do with the types and prices of the try pods you have,Also do you accept credit cards as form of payment?
am looking forward for your mail.Thank you very much.
My Regards..
Mr. James Brown
I replied:
James,
Thank you for your interest. Yes, we have try pods for sale.
Try Pod Model Gb RAM Suggested Oil Change Frequency price for qty 1 price per dozen
A016-1442 1 monthly $314.99 $3,499.00
A767-a 3 quarterly $399 $4,299.00
DB-C00p3R 4 yearly $599 $6,499.00
We can ship immediately. The best form of payment is to our bank.
Thank you for your inquiry.
The funny thing is, this is the reply my friend Kent got back!
Thanks for the mail.I will want you to mail me with the cost for a dozen of the A016-1442 and this should exclude all shipping charges.Read from you soon.
And there’s more! Kent’s name at the email address that these people are sending to, is :Kno Kandoo!
As you can see, Kent has a great and unique sense of humor.
With that, I wish you all a wonderful weekend, and remember no post on Monday!

2 Comments:
I liked your buddy Kent's nod to DB Cooper. I was just reading about him last month.
The birth control one you got (top one) was spam, but oddly enough it's about a real problem. Shannon took that product and ended up with a gallbladder attack and having to have hers removed (never any problems before), and then a blood clot in her leg (another side effect in the lawsuit).
But, your spam looks like what I get, except for some reason the spammers think I need a bigger whatnot.
Mark, I'm not so creative all the time, so I have to use the braincells while they are functioning!
And, yes, Dave -- without Kent, Kentucky is just Ucky. (from one of my son's friends, circa 2000)
Alas, James Brown has ceased corresponding with me. Perhaps the resell market for Try Pods has dried up. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home