300 – Snowy Friday
Yep, it’s snowing again outside.. but luckily, we’re not supposed to get much more than an inch of the white fluffy stuff.
This weekend however, will be extremely cold and windy, never making up into the 30’s at all.
No big plans for the weekend other than some friends and I plan on going to see Sherlock Holmes at the movies. It’s supposed to be a good movie, and I do like Robert Downey Jr, and I love the Sherlock Holmes stuff.
I used to be a big fan of the old black and white Sherlock Holmes TV shows with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. Even now, when I see one of the old ones on, I can’t help but watch them. I found him amazing as an actor, and the content (Holmes) was fascinating!
Other than that, not much new.
Here’s something for you that I found on the back of my new daily calendar:
Brain Teaser: What animal am I?
(example, A dull person = boar (bore))
1. Parts of a chain = ?
2. tellin’ untruths = ?
3. a lamenting cry = ?
(answers on Monday)
Now for a joke:
A Lawyer's Question
A small town prosecuting attorney called his first witness to the stand in a trial--a grandmotherly, elderly woman. He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?"
She responded, "Why, yes, I do know you Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy. And frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a rising big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."
The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Williams, do you know the defense attorney?"
She again replied, "Why, yes I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. I used to baby-sit him for his parents. And he, too, has been a real disappointment to me. He's lazy, bigoted, he has a drinking problem. The man can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the shoddiest in the entire state. Yes, I know him."
At this point, the judge rapped the courtroom to silence and called both counselors to the bench. In a very quiet voice, he said with menace, "If either of you asks her if she knows me, you'll be in jail for contempt within 5 minutes!"
Have a wonderful weekend all!

4 Comments:
Snow is better when it at least covers the grass.
I guess I shouldn't spoil the answers. I have the first one but haven't concentrated on the others yet.
Also, you reminded me that I don't have a page-a-day calendar yet for 2010. Have to remedy that.
Mark, the second best thing about the page a day calendars, when you tear them off, put a binder clip around them and use them as scratch paper! Great way to recycle!!!!
Yep, I use them as scratch paper, too.
By the way, my post today for some reason had comments turned off. They're on again now, in case you had something to say.
Hi Dave ~~ I hope you and your friends enjoyed Sherlock Holmes at
the movies. I liked the brainteaser
but not sure of the last one - will find out on Monday.
I really like that lawyer joke and the judge had some secrets too.
Good one. Glad you liked the Cow
joke. Put the coffee down, my friend. I hope you are having a good weekend - it is over 104F here, so I am indoors and complaining. Take care Dave,
Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home