307 – Half a Hump Day
I’m working only a half day today, as I’m having the big new patio doors installed at our house. I’m hoping they can get all if not most of it done today as I’ve been pretty anxious to see how they look.
Other than that, I’ve been spending some of my evenings watching College Basketball (it’s my favorite sport) with my friend Ray. He came over last night to watch the UCONN Women play (and win) and he’ll come over tonight to watch the men.
Mark, I found a website you’ll absolutely LOVE (so will everyone else too).
It's a very unique time lapsed photography website, where you control the speed of time.
Other than that, things are coming together for my trip (85 days away). We booked a hotel directly across the street from the pier for the night before so we just have to get up, walk across the street and we’re at the ship! Here’s a picture of the street with hotel on the left, ship on the right (split view, bottom part is top view, top is street view)
(Click on the picture to ‘embiggen')
And with that, I’ll send you off on your day with a funny:
Bottle of Merlot
A man asked a waiter to take a bottle of Merlot to an unusually attractive
woman sitting alone at a table in a cozy little restaurant.
So the waiter took the Merlot to the woman and said, 'This is from the
gentleman who is seated over there,' and indicated the sender with a nod of
his head.
She stared at the wine coolly for a few seconds, not looking at the man,
then decided to send a reply to him by a note.
The waiter, who was lingering nearby for a response, took the note from her
and conveyed it to the gentleman.
The note read: 'For me to accept this bottle, you need to have a Mercedes in
your garage, a million dollars in the bank and '7' inches in your pants'.
After reading the note, the man decided to compose one of his own in return.
He folded the note, handed it to the waiter and instructed him to deliver it
to the lady.
It read:
'Just to let you know things aren't always what they appear to be: I have a
Ferrari Maranello, BMW Z8, Mercedes CL600, and a Porsche Turbo in my several
garages; I have beautiful homes in Aspen and Miami , and a 10,000 acre
ranch in Louisiana . There is over twenty million dollars in my bank
account and portfolio. But, not even for a woman as beautiful as you, would
I cut off three inches. Just send the wine back....
Tiger
Have a wonderful Hump-Day!

4 Comments:
Cool collage of the ship and the hotel, etc.
Since my Hogs are having such a rough basketball season (and the football maniacs here in Texas have no sympathy because they're like, "basket what?"), I'm hoping the Huskies go all the way. Go UCONN! I would root for Kentucky, since they're SEC, but I don't want to back a team coached by Calipari.
If there is something akin to yelling "whoooo... pig sooooieee," but for the Huskies, I'll do that, too.
That photo site with the time-lapse effect is very cool. What a great idea. Seems fairly simple to actually capture the photos, since it isn't truly captured using time-lapse technique. It looks like it's a camera on a tripod, with lots of pictures taken at various times of day. The rest, however, is done through methods that took some creativity and some technical know-how -- not to mention lots of time.
Mark, it's not a collage.
It's a picture from Google Maps, Street Level!
Hi Dave ~~ Great photo and so handy to the ship - good idea. The joke was a good one too.
Thanks for your kind words about my post about the young Soldiers going to war. I believe there is a US GIs version also.
Take great care, my friend.
Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home