Wednesday, March 3, 2010

321 – Hump Day Snow

Yep, it’s snowing again, but the good news is, it’s been so warm that it’s not sticking today, and this weekend is supposed to be in the high 40’s. Monday and Tuesday here, it actually got up to 50! Spring is coming people… I can feel it. I can also see it in the mornings getting lighter when I go into work.

Our new patio doors are in the process of being stained, so when they’re done, I’ll post some pictures of them here. They look great and can’t wait to show them off.

Hey Mark, did you ever wonder how big a Star Wars Star Destroyer was, in relation to the USS Enterprise? or the HALO Mothership next to the Cloverfield Monster?
 Well wonder no more thanks to this website!

I find it sad that there’s few if any good “Sci-Fi” shows on network TV. There’s a good chance that “Flash Forward” may be cancelled after it’s next run, and I’ve liked that show since it’s start. I used to like Warehouse 13 (cancelled), and Defying Gravity (cancelled). Now, I watch Flash Forward, Fringe, (Caprica,  Eureka, and Sanctuary though they’re on SyFy). Thank goodness for the old staples like Dr. Who, that seem to live on forever!

On to something funny…:

American in Paris

Harvey, an elderly American absentmindedly arrived at French immigration at Charles de Gaulle airport, Paris and fumbled for his passport.

'You have been to France before Monsieur?' the official asked in an aggressive tone.

Harvey, smiled and admitted that he had been to France before.

'In that case you should know enough to have your passport ready for inspection,' barked the bad-tempered officer.

Harvey gently informed the man that the last time he came to France he did not have to show his passport or any other documents.

'Pas possible, old man. You Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in 'la belle France.'

Harvey gave the Frenchman a long hard look. 'I assure you, young man, that when I came ashore on Omaha Beach in Normandy on D-Day

in 1944, there was no damned Frenchman on the beach asking for passports.'

You Might Be A Redneck Jedi If...

Your Jedi robe is a Camouflage color.
You have ever used your Light Saber to open a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.
You think the best use of your light saber is picking your teeth.
At least one wing of your X-Wing is primer colored.
There is a blaster rack in the back of your landspeeder.
You have bantha horns on the front of your landspeeder.
You can easily describe the taste of an Ewok.
You can find no grammatical errors in the way Yoda talks.
You think that the Stormtroopers Elite Guards are just KKK members with really good sheets.
A peaceful meditation session is one without gas.
You can levitate yourself using a force from within, but not the force.
Your master ever said "My finger you will pull..hmmm?"
You have ever had an X-wing up on blocks in your yard.
You ever lost a hand during a light-saber fight because you had to spit.
The worst part of spending time on Dagoba is the dadgum skeeters.
Wookies are offended by your B.O.
You have ever used the force to get yourself another beer so you didn't have to wait for a commercial.
You have ever used the force in conjunction with fishing/bowling.
You have ever used a light-sabre to clean fish or open a non-twist-off bottle of beer.
Your father has ever said to you, "Shoot, son come on over t' the dark side...it'll be a hoot."
You have ever had your R-2 unit use its self-defense electro-shock thingy to get the bar-b-q grill to light.

Have a great Hump-Day all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Glad you guys are warming up.

I have been very disappointed in "Caprica" thus far. They're trying too hard to make it relevant to today's news. Don't they know that sci-fi is, in part, supposed to show us what might become (good or bad?). I already know we have terrorist bombers, and that there are varying degrees of extremists. Give me more sci-fi, less "ripped from the headlines" and more "ripped from what might be the headlines in the future or on another world."

Shannon and I were discussing just the other day that we didn't see where "Flash Forward" was going to go, after so much was revealed in the (excellent) first season. Maybe one more season is all it will need.

Thanks for that link. I will peruse it when I have a little leisure time. Love the Redneck Jedi bit!

March 3, 2010 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Incoming email Mark!

March 3, 2010 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ So more snow, but at least the weather is looking better.
I really liked the American in Paris
and his previous visit not needing a Passport, Good one.
Thanks for your comments and glad you
liked the jokes. Also thanks for the good wishes with me feeling a little better. That's appreciated.
Take care my friend, Regards, Merle.

March 4, 2010 at 4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home