Wednesday, May 12, 2010

343 – Hump-Day

Those of you following my vacation blog, Part II is up today.

Thank goodness it’s Hump-Day.. I’m still coughing a lot from my cold, and now I hurt my back a bit yesterday in work (it’s just stiff.. not enough to see a doctor about).

Those of you who’ve seen my photos on Facebook, check it out again. There’s a new picture at the end that came from my friends from Alabama that I think you’ll like!

My daughter is finally sleeping at home tonight after staying at our home for a week after some surgery. I’m going to miss her being around the house.. again! *chuckle*

I don’t know if I mentioned it or not.. but I may sell my Corvette to buy a newer one. I’ve been toying with the idea, much to the chagrin of my wife for a month or two. Well, a couple of nights ago, my friend Ray called saying his brother in law may be interested in it. I spoke to him for a bit on the phone (we know each other, as I did some work for him a few years back) and we’ll see what happens over that.

Well, that’s it for now.. so I’ll leave you with a funny:

Air force one and the farmer
Air Force One crashed in the middle of rural America. Panic stricken, the Secret Service mobilized and descended on the farm in force. When they got there, the wreckage was clear. The aircraft was totally destroyed, with only a burned hulk left smoldering in a tree line that bordered a farm. Secret Service descended upon the smoking hulk but could find no remains of the crew or the President's staff.
To their amazement, a lone farmer was plowing a field not too far away as if nothing at all happened. They hurried over to surround the man's tractor.
"Sir," the senior Secret Service agent asked, panting and out of breath. "Did you see this terrible accident happen?"
"Yep. Sure did." The man muttered unconcernedly.
"Do you realize that is the President of the United States' airplane?"
"Yep." "Were there any survivors?" the agent gasped.
"Nope. They's all kilt straight out." The farmer sighed cutting of his tractor motor. "I done buried them all myself. Took most of the morning."
"The President of the United States is DEAD?" The agent gulped in disbelief.
"Yep, he kept a-saying he wasn't ... but you know what a liar he is!"

The Lexus and the President
A lady bought a new Lexus. Cost a bundle. Two days later, she brought it back complaining that the radio wasn't working.
"Madam", said the sales maneger, "the audio system in this car is completly automated. All you need to do is tell it what you want to listen to and you will hear exactly that!"
She drives out , somewhat amazed and a little confused. She looked at the radio and said, "Nelson". The radio responded, "Ricky or Willie?" Soon she was speeding down the highway to the sounds of "On the road again". The lady was astounded. If she wanted Beethoven, that's what she got. If she wanted Nat King Cole, she got it. Stopped at an intersection, her light turned green and she pulled out. Off to her right, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a small sports utility vehicle speeding toward her. She swerved and narrowly missed a collision.
"Asshole.....", she muttered. And from the radio..... "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States....

Have a great Hump-Day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Hey, I'm able to comment on this blog, but not your vacation blog. Weird.

I enjoyed your chronicle of getting settled into the ship.

I don't login to FB much lately, but I'll check your pictures tonight when I can get in there.

Sell the award-winning 'vette? Khaaaaan!

May 12, 2010 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I am so sorry you have caught a bad cold and hope it soon leaves you fit and well.
Glad you enjoyed the jokes and I liked yours also. We are having a week of frosts starting our days at 2 or 3 C which is 35 to 37 F.
Take care my friend. I will come back to read about your trip.
With best wishes, Merle.

May 12, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home