376 – Only 102 Days Till Vacation (again)!
Yep, our big 11 night cruise is in 102 days. Seems a very long time away, but it’ll be here before I know it.
Friday night, I took the Vette over to the local Girls Club where our club was doing a very small show (around 9 cars) for the kids before they did an outdoors movie! We left before the movie started (Mary Poppins) but the kids were having a ball. The evening was nice and warm, and people brought their own chairs and blankets to lie on to watch the movie.
Saturday night was our normal cruise night for the auto club, and it was a gorgeous night so we were overflowing with gorgeous cars. Seems everyone senses the end of summer coming, so they’re getting in every minute they can with their nice cars. (me included)
Oscar winning actress Patricia Neal passed on this weekend. She was in one of my favorite movies of all time, “The Day the Earth Stood Still” back in 1951. It was a black and white classic Science Fiction movie.
Not much else new, so on to something funny:
Wild Accusations
CALL CENTER | ASHEVILLE, NC, USA
Customer: “I keep seeing a charge for $9.99 on my account. Why do you people keep charging me $9.99?”
Me: “Sir, that charge is coming not from us, but from GGW.”
Customer: “What the h*** is GGW? People are stealing my money and you do nothing! So what the h*** is GGW?”
(I have seen the charge for GGW before. I usually just use the abbreviation to spare the customer.))
Me: “Sir, GGW stands for Girls Gone–”
Customer: “Oh yeah. Never mind I remember now…uh…bye.”*click*
Magic Ink
GRAPHIC DESIGN | FRANCE
(A client comes for her journalist portfolio. She shows me a picture of an architect in front of his building model, showing his back to the camera.)
Customer: “So, you see, I’d like you to flip this picture.”
Me: “Okay, that’s very simple.”
Customer: “Great ! This will be awesome. I want him to face the camera.”
Me: “If I flip the picture, it will be all the same, but the guy will be on the left instead of the right, that’s it.”
Customer: “You can’t make him face us? You call yourself a professional?”
Have a great Monday all!

2 Comments:
That's cool that you guys helped out with the Girls Club.
I saw "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (the original) within the past year. Great flick. Still haven't seen the remake, and have no plans to do so.
Hi Dave ~~ It is terrific to have something to look forward to and 102 days will go by quickly. I am glad you have been able to go driving before your winter
and nice to put a show on for the kids.
Didn't you fancy Mary Poppins???
Patricia Neal was a lovely actress and a lady from what I have read.
Thanks for your comments, I always enjoy having family visit,Peter and Warren are the next in a fortnight. Glad you enjoyed
the post. Take care. Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home