Friday, August 6, 2010

375 – Where do the days go?

It’s amazing, between work and home, I’ve been so busy lately, that the days are absolutely flying by. Before I know it, it’ll be Winter (shudder).

Tonight, the local Girls Club is having a “60’s-70’s" Sock Hop and Movie” in their parking lot (showing the movie outdoors) and before it, our car club is having a small showing with about 5 or 6 cars there (mine included). I think it’s a great thing for the kids so I never mind doing things like this.

Saturday, the wife and I are going to buy a new stove as ours is finally dying (it’s 28+ years old). She still can’t decide what color she wants.

Other than that, not much new.. so on to something funny:

More support blunders:

The Only Thing It Swallowed Was Her Pride

GROCERY STORE | ST. AUGUSTINE, FL, USA

Customer: “Oh miss, I have a problem.”

Me: “What can I help you with?”

Customer: “The ATM took my card. It says here though that its invalid, and my card is out of date, so maybe that’s why.”

(I get the keys to the ATM and open it up.)

Me: “I’m sorry, but your card is not in there. Are you sure it took it?”

Customer: “No, it did, it did! *pulls out an ATM card* “It looks like this! Oh wait…this is my card. Never mind.”

When Requests Have Both A Positive And A Negative Side

CAFE | MANCHESTER, CT, USA

(The power has gone out in the cafe.)

Customer: “I’d like a soda, please.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but since the power is out, we can only sell bakery products from the window.”

Customer: “Oh, that’s okay. I only wanted to use the wi-fi, anyway.”

(He sits in the corner, but comes back a few minutes later.)

Customer: “The wi-fi seems to be down. Could you reset it?”

Me: “No. sir. The power is out, so the wi-fi won’t work until it comes back on.”

Customer: “Don’t you have batteries for it?”

Download A Brain While You’re At It

TECH SUPPORT | CARDIFF, WALES, UK

Me: “So you want me to hook up this computer to the internet?”

Customer: “Yes.”

Me: “Okay! First thing’s first: where’s the modem or router so I can connect the computer to the net?”

Customer: “I don’t have one.”

Me: “You don’t have one?”

Customer: “I thought you could download a modem off the internet for me.”

Have a wonderful weekend all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

I know you have harsher winters than we do, but I say bring that sucker on!

August 6, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home