402 – Finally Found Time to Relax…
I’ll get back to my Europe story on Wednesday…
My weeks, and weekends have been so busy lately, that I haven’t had time to just sit back and relax in a long time.
Between my mom (who’s doing pretty good and actually making progress now) to my mom in law (just had pacemaker surgery), my wife and I have been going opposite directions. Neither of us have had a chance to rest.
Friday night, my daughter had a Pampered Chef Party, and my wife and my friend Dave’s wife attended among others, so Dave and I went out for dinner at a little Thai restaurant named “Somewhere in Bankok”. I had been to this restaurant before, and had a dish that was basically chicken fried rice. This time, I got a bit more adventuresome, and saw on a special list they had “Mango Chicken Curry”. While discussing it, the lady at the next table (you sit real close to others in this place) said it was one of her favorites.. and I was sold. We had bought/brought with us a nice bottle of wine as this was a “BYOB” type restaurant, and I opened it and we chatted a bit before our meals arrived.
When I got my Mango Chicken Curry, I was surprised to see it was in a white curry sauce, with huge pieces of mango in it. The first bite of the chicken and mango were…. surprising. I had to take another bite, then another before claiming this was one of the top 5 meals I’ve ever tasted in my life. It was magic. I gave a piece to Dave to try, and he said the same thing. Outstanding.
This was the start, to my very nice and relaxing weekend.
Saturday, I went to see my mom, then came home and had a nice lunch, and a few hours later my friend John B came over with 2 PC’s that needed working on. We chatted while working on them, eventually having dinner too. It was a nice visit even working on his PC’s.
Sunday was seeing mom again, then taking it easy the rest of the day.
How was your weekend?

2 Comments:
Glad to hear the moms both are on the mend.
Thai food is pretty much at the top of my list of favorites, and we found a good place very close to my local in-laws' place -- very convenient after a date-night kid drop. I NEED to try that mango chicken curry. Like, yesterday. I will call every Thai place in the area to find out if they make it.
You always make us hungry with these food posts.
We had a great weekend, with plenty of outside time in this amazing fall weather. It's encouraging to see so many children playing outside on our street, but I wish they (or their parents) wouldn't be quite so sensitive to the heat of summer. Kids need that kind of activity year-round.
Girls from church spent thhe weekend with us.. it was fun
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home