419 – Hot & Cold
The cold part first. It hasn’t been above 32 degrees for the last 4 days! Good grief!
Vacation was wonderful, and very, very restful. I probably slept more than I have in a long time.. and I must have needed it.
The day before the cruise, we (and our friends Reggie and Sue) stayed in Fort Lauderdale, and just took it easy and browsed around town on the trolley, heading down to the beach.
It was overcast, and had sprinkled a bit during the day, but nothing could dampen our enthusiasm over this trip.
Monday morning, we boarded the Jewel of the Seas, had lunch, and explored our new home for the next 11 days.
As you can see (click on any picture to ‘embigggen’), people were already taking advantage of the pool before we even left port!
We found our dinner table for later at night, (a large one for 12 people) and by 2pm, our bags had arrived and we unpacked.
After a nice dinner that evening, we enjoyed a nice evening just exploring the ship, and walking out on deck before retiring for the evening as our ship headed to Aruba, where we’d reach in 2 days.
More later…. have a great Hump-Day!

1 Comments:
I think the biggest thing I would look forward to if (when?) I go on a cruise would be the relaxing nature of just wandering and exploring the ship. Seems to me it would be hard to see everything on some of the modern day behemoths out there on the seas.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home