448 – Finally, Friday.
Even with Monday off, it’s been a long week that I’ll be glad to see come to an end.
The rain is pouring down this morning, so hopefully it’ll help melt some of the snow.. but with this rain comes flooding. Luckily, I’m far enough up on a hill that flooding normally isn’t an issue.
We’re in the process of looking for a new car for my wife, something I love, but she hates. Personally, I love beating up on salesmen, pushing for that extra option, dollar off or free oil-change. I pretty much have it down to a science, how to get the best price possible plus some.
The criteria in what we’re looking for is: All Wheel Drive (if possible), less than $25k, easy for her mom to get in and out of, and very good on gas.
The AWD ones we’ve looked at are: Nissan Juke, Nissan Rogue, Toyota RAV4, Toyota Matrix, Kia Sportage, Suzuki Kizashi.
Yet to see are: Honda CRV and Honda Civic (Non AWD).
In that list that we’ve seen is one HUGE surprise vehicle that I fell in love with, but I’ll let you guess.
Well, on to something funny:
The huge college freshman decided to try out for the football team. "Can you tackle?" asked the coach. "Watch this," said the freshman, who proceeded to run smack into a telephone pole, shattering it to splinters. "Wow," said the coach. "I'm impressed. Can you run?"
"Of course I can run," said the freshman. He was off like a shot, and, in just over nine seconds, he had run a hundred yard dash. "Great!" enthused the coach. "But can you pass a football?" The freshman hesitated for a few seconds. "Well, sir," he said, "if I can swallow it, I can probably pass it."
Have a wonderful weekend all!

2 Comments:
Good luck with the car purchase. We could have used someone with your savvy when we bought a car recently.
Hi Dave ~~ I hope you get a great car for your wife and good luck with the bargaining. Glad you enjoyed the jokes, you should know better than to drink coffee and read jokes!!
Thank you also for your support for my health problem. I should be OK, but I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Take great care, my friend,
Regards, Merle. Good joke Dave.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home