446 – Busy Weekend
Well, my weekend started out… not so good.
I was in the shower Friday morning when my wife comes up screaming that there’s water all over the kitchen floor (remember our new, hardwood floor?). I dry off, dress and run down to see the dishwasher is backing up all over the kitchen floor. Turns out we had a clogged drain just before our main in the basement, and it backed up to the lowest point, the dishwasher drain.
After sopping up most of the water, then shop-vac’ing the dishwasher water, I called a drain person at 6:30am and believe it or not, he answered! I fully expected an answering machine or service. We made plans for later in the morning, and I called out of work to wait for the fix.
Suffice it to say, it wasn’t cheap, but he cleaned out the clog (pretty big one) and everything got back to normal by mid-day.
Saturday, we went to get our taxes done, then over to clean out more stuff at my mom’s house.
Sunday, I went to a Daytona 500 Party at a friends house and had a great time.
Monday, I was off for the holiday and spent the whole day with my daughter which was great!
Did I mention, Friday it was 60 degrees out?? Saturday, it was about 20 with 50 mph winds. Go figure.
No time for jokes today… have a great day!

2 Comments:
whoa. Water gone wild is not good on any level, and not on your beautiful(?) wood floor. Sorry so late to the game. Still can't comment from work. Looks permanent this time.
Hi Dave ~~ Glad you survived your busy week. What a blow with the dish-washer. I have never wanted one because of the flooding risk.
I am so glad you enjoyed my post and the jokes. I hope to get some energy
back again soon.
Take great care my frind. Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home