Monday, April 25, 2011

469 – Eventful Weekend

Well, Thursday afternoon we closed on my moms house (it’s in my brother and my name). It was a bit sad signing it over, remembering everything that happened there.

Friday morning, I had a doctors appointment for something minor, but overnight from Thursday, I could hardly swallow. It felt like I had swallowed sharp glass.
Upon looking in the mirror with a flashlight, the back of my throat looked raw, and the uvula (thing that hangs down) almost closed off the throat area.
So, after the first doctor, over to my regular doctor who diagnosed me with tonsillitis. He then put me on some antibiotics.
The uvula hangs down so far, I can feel it on the back of my tongue, and its’ an awful feeling. For Easter Sunday, I had to chew things a few hundred times to get it soft enough to go down.
The thing that’s scaring me, is that after 3 days on Antibiotics, the uvula isn’t getting any smaller and it’s still hard to swallow, and I’m not sleeping well as if I lay on my back I can’t breathe.

Just before my cruise… *frown*

On to something funny:

The local sheriff was looking for a deputy, so Gomer - who was not exactly the sharpest nail in the bucket went in to try out for the job. "Okay," the sheriff drawled, "Gomer, what is 1 and 1?" "11" he replied. The sheriff thought to himself, "That's not what I meant, but he's right." "What two days of the weekstart with the letter 'T'?" "Today and tomorrow." He was again surprised that Gomer supplied a correct answer that he had never thought of himself. "Now Gomer, listen carefully: Who killed Abraham Lincoln?" Gomer looked a little surprised himself, then thought really hard for a minute and finally admitted, "I don't know." "Well, why don't you go home and work on that one for a while?" So, Gomer wandered over to the pool hall where his pals were waiting to hear the results of the interview. Gomer was exultant. "It went great! First day on the job and I'm already working on a murder case!"

Have a wonderful Monday all…!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so sorry about your infection, well the good thing is that they do have a "mini hospital" on board of these cruise ships, Dave, so go even if you are worried about it, they do take excellent care of sick passengers! Besides, perhaps they can order you different antibiotics that will work better, right? i'll send a prayer that you get better!

Yours,

'lil o (Michelle)

April 25, 2011 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Dave, it must be the season for health problems!!! sorry to hear you've joined the throng.
Merle is certainly sounding better and as long as I can avoid gnawing a chunk out of my cheek with my distorted mouth and win back my hard fought for vision I'll be fine too.
Get well soon.

April 26, 2011 at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home