"Don't think of it....
as losing a daughter", my friend Dave told me as we moved her, "think of it as gaining 200 or so square feet of your house!" *LOL*
Before I go on, thank you all, for the kind words in the comments Friday.
The move went on as planned on Saturday, moving her waterbed (she's been on water since she was born, even had a water crib), bureaus and other large items in. Due to her having to wash her sheets and all, and us needing the hot water for her bed, she ended up sleeping at our house on the couch last night, but tonight, it's the first full night in her condo.
It's going to be different getting up tomorrow morning, looking at her room door and seeing it open and empty as I go to work.
Welcome to another new reader, (or maybe just commenter) Reba!
Now that most of the stuff for my daughters move is over, I guess I should start thinking about Christmas shopping! I haven't done a thing yet, and I don't have a clue what to get anyone.
Oh, and I have a new post over on on my wine blog. Please head on over and check it out!
On to the news.....
Over 3500 TV Show Theme Songs!!!!
Oh my GOD!
Police try to deport Paddington Bear after immigration interrogation! I LOVE Paddington Bear! I even own one...!
That's it for today... have a wonderful Monday!
Labels: Family

6 Comments:
I'm thinking that with the move accomplished, it's CUDDLE TIME! *S*
Hi Dave, Fun Monday is made up of about 45 - 50 bloggers, there is nothing to join up to you just join in as I did about 6 weeks ago.
Each week somebody volunteers to host the next Monday... Chooses a topic, if it appeals you list your name as a player and do whatever has been chosen. You usually get a fair few comments, specially if you visit a few sites yourself. if you want to have a go at it check the host site, (at the top of my post) in a day or twos time the host for next week will be shown, follow the link to find out the topic and play if you want to, just introduce yourself as a new chum when you submit your entry.
Christmas Eve there will be no Fun Monday but I'm hosting the New Years Eve one, don't miss that one!!
But Bob... if you and I cuddle, people will talk! *LOL*
Thanks Peter!
Dude. The things my dad has shoved into my and my brother's rooms back home. I barely recognize those spaces any more. If not for the built-in desks, there'd be nothing original left! (and no, not because I took anything with me when I left -- because I didn't).
Missing your daughter is only going to get worse, Dave...there will be times when you'll think that she no longer has time for "Daddy" but i want you to know that i'm sure you are uppermost in her mind, and she loves you very much! Never forget that, Dave!
*smile*
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home