Monday, December 17, 2007

Two times in four days....

We've had two good sized storms in four days now. The first, on Thursday, left about 5 inches of snow here, and made driving home almost impossible. We got let out of work at 1pm, and it took me about 30 minutes to go a half a mile on the way to pick up my wife.
I saw a Lexus sliding in the middle of the road, unable to move forward at all. I also saw a woman in a four wheel drive going so slow, that cars were passing her (non four wheel drive). People up here kinda forget how to drive at the first snowstorm of the season.
Here's a slideshow of some of the storm's impact.

Late Saturday night and Sunday, we got another storm. This time, it was a "Nor'Easter" that hit us at a very odd angle, and dumped about 4 inches of snow on us before changing to freezing rain. I went to bring my son to work, and the only cars on the road were all-wheel drives. Yes, I'm getting tired of snow *sigh*.

The good news is, Saturday, we got quite a bit of Christmas shopping done. I even picked up a few things for myself that my wife and son will end up giving me. I got a little thing for my wife, but I'll have to go out again this week to get something else.

It's been kind of an odd Christmas season so far, we don't have a single Christmas thing up in our house. No tree, nothing (yet).

This week, I'll have to do some shopping and start sprucing up the house.

Lets move on to some news:

Vails Gate, NY is home to the world's oldest barber, who's been at it for 83 years

Excuse me, miss. Get off your cell phone. Your car is on fire

School disciplines girl for wearing Tigger socks on the first day of school. Her family laughs it off as a big misunderstanding. Just kidding. They want $95,000

Here's one for Mark:
Sci-Fi's Top 25 TV/Movies of the past 25 years!

That's it for today... hope you have a wonderful Monday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Did I forget to reply to your e-mail linking the Top 25 Sci-Fi of the past 25 years? If so, sorry. I looked at it and liked most of the selections. Of course, narrowing it down to only 25 they are going to leave out somebody's favorites. It was great to see "Firefly"/Serenity getting some recognition!

Tired of the snow already! Ha! You live in the wrong place, then. Come on down to Texas. Plenty of convertible-driving days, too!

December 17, 2007 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I wondered if you'd get part of that storm that hit Boston. My buddy Colin got 6 to 8 inches with each storm. I'm glad you weren't in an accident. People don't drive well here in the first snowstorm or any for that matter ;-)

Excuse me? Getting in trouble for wearing Tigger? That is WRONG. Tigger is tiggerific!

We're supposed to get snow this week and I'm looking forward to it because I love snow and I want a white Christmas. I'm also not going anywhere far for a week after Thursday... I could do with being snowed in.

December 17, 2007 at 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tigger socks, huh? Can't say thar i ever saw them? Glad she won the right to wear them though! Cool!

Gosh, Dave, how can you be tired of the snow already? You have so many days od it left!

Please enjoy the snow...That's why you live where you live...*grin*

{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

December 18, 2007 at 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home