Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Evening

It's now (as I write this) about 7:30pm on Christmas night.

It's been a long day, with the whole family coming over to eat. We had an old family recipe called "Pork and Pepe's" (pronounced pep-ayes). If you're interested in the recipe, let me know and I'll post it.

After eating today, we all played a game my wife got for Christmas from my daughter called "Eat It" (think trivial pursuit about cookies, candy, cake and chocolate). My daughter won, and we all had a great time.

Everyone seemed to get what they wanted for Christmas, my daughter getting 3 or 4 charms for her Pandora bracelet and a nice clock for her new condo, my son got a lot of clothes, and me, I got what I went to get myself on Friday.. a 6 piece, 18 volt cordless tool set by Ryobi. I also got a new winter jacket (dressy), and two new shirts for work, and some money from both our mothers.

All in all, it was a nice day.. family all here, and it's winding down quietly (andI'm kinda tired).

I hope everyone had a wonderful day, and got just what they wanted for Christmas.

Until Friday.... have a great hump-day..!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Hey, Dave. I somehow forgot to fire up my RSS reader here at work on Wednesday, and I somehow haven't added your new blog to my reader at home (because I usually read it from up here).

Anyway, nice to see you had a good one, and that Ryobi set sounds very nice. Reminds me that my cordless drill (a Ryobi) has two NiCd batteries that no longer hold a charge. Time to get one with more modern rechargeable batteries. Dang! There went a great Christmas gift idea that I didn't think of.

Oh well, have a nice weekend, ya big lug.

December 27, 2007 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Mark, the best thing about Ryobi's, is that the replacement batteries are nowhere near the cost of Rigid, or other big names!

December 27, 2007 at 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so happy that your Christmas was just what you wanted, Dave...*smile*

Because of the visitors who came down to be with me, i had a GREAT Christmas! Lots of eating and board games here too!

i'm very thankful to them!

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

December 27, 2007 at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home