Monday, February 11, 2008

Ready for Springtime...

Well, it's been snow squalling on and off all weekend starting Saturday afternoon. It's not really amounted to much, but it's been a pain in the bottom.

Saturday, I had to go down and take my Vette out of the garage so my brother in law could get some things out of it.
Just getting in it, starting it up.. smelling the leather and hearing the growl of the engine.. makes me wish for warmer weather. Sometimes, I can close my eyes while sitting in it, letting it warm up, remembering this past year.

Ok, I've had enough cold weather... time to move on.

We also had our "Bristol Auto Club" meeting Sunday night, and we're getting plans together for this year's cruise nights and for the 2 major street fests we have. (I am the author of the club website too by the way)

It's been a good weekend, UCONN's men and women played, and both won. The women, who lost their first game last week, may not be #1 this week, but Monday night, #2 will play the same team that beat UCONN, and if #2 Tennessee loses, we may stay #1.

The UCONN Men on the other hand, were ranked last week for the first time this year at #19. They won 2 more games since them, and hopefully will rise some more.

Hey, I told you all once before, College Basketball is the one sport I love! *S*

On to the news:

Not news: 108 year old woman dies. NEWS: Credited Coors Light for keeping her young

National Health Service advises rigorous sex to stave off heart disease and cancer. In other news, beer keeps you thin and chocolate cures ebola

You mean now I can get my vitamins by drinking BEER???

That's it for today.. have a great Monday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Don't sit in the running 'vette too long with the garage closed!

My grandfather, who died in his sleep at age 93 after a very active life playing golf until age 91, drank one Coors beer (not Coors Light) each evening. Doctor's orders.

Seemed to work for him!

February 10, 2008 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Mark, of course the Vette was outside!!!! I had to pull it out for my brother-in-law.
(and I'd never start it in a closed garage!)

February 11, 2008 at 7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home