Wednesday Ramblings
Well, there's multiple things to talk about this week, so lets start right up.
- We lost another great actor this week, Roy Scheider, probably best known as Police Chief Martin Brody in Jaws. Myself, I'll remember him more for another of his movies, one much less mentioned named Blue Thunder. In that, he played Officer Frank Murphy, against his antagonist, Malcolm McDowell. Either way, it was a loss to us all, his passing.
- Sunday night, the remake of Knight Rider begins on NBC. The new voice of KITT is Val Kilmer. I'm interested to see how this version is, especially since they went from a Pontiac Trans Am for KITT, to a 2008 Ford Mustang GT500KR. Here's everything you ever wanted to know about Knight Rider!
- In other news today, the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile had a bit of a crash recently!
(It'll come as no surprise that a woman was driving.. *LOL*) - Natalie Cole says Amy Winehouse should NOT have won a Grammy (until she cleans up her act). OK, who can argue with that? My problem was that someone as talented as Taylor Swift (link to her outstanding single, Teardrops on My Guitar). She's got it all. She's drop-dead gorgeous, only 19 years old, and has an outstanding career to look forward to. How she didn't get best new artist I'll NEVER understand. She plays guitar, and writes her own stuff!
- The coolest picture of Rio's giant Jesus statue getting struck by lightning you will see today
- Ok, how does THIS happen? 16 year old boy dies after being served 44 shots of Teqiula! (corrected, this happened in Germany, not OZ as I had previously thought)
That's it for today... have a great Hump-Day!

9 Comments:
That's too bad about Roy Schieder - he was a great actor and I liked the fact that he wasn't always trying to get in the lime light as so many celebrities do. May he rest in peace.
Kit is Val?! Hmmmm... I'm still deciding if I'll watch the new show or not.
The Weinermobile slid and got stuck? *snortle* Now that's something that doesn't happen every day. Porksicle?! ROFLMAO... Classic.
Happy Hump Day! *HUGS*
Why ask me Dave? you're the one who picks up the news services, the Sydney Morning Herald (part of the Fairfax group) have taken the article from Reuters news service and reported it, end of story... Berlin, City or County, is certainly not in Australia.
We can generate enough news, good and bad, without having any attributed to us.
Peter,
My mistake. It was late last night when I posted that.
It should have read, How does this happen. Peter, is this in Oz?
I'll try to fix it now. Sorry.
amy winehouse has sold a LOT of albums, despite her being a crackhead.
Yes, i too feel badly about Roy Scheider...Regarding the Weinermobile...what do you mean, women driving...etc.?
Loved the picture from Rio, that's an incredible catch for a photographer!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Hi Dave ~~ Good post. Shame about Roy Schneider dying so young - well
75 is young these days. I never did see "Jaws" ~ I'm a coward, but have seen him in other movies. So there is going to be another Knight Rider. I enjoyed the original one, but doubt if I'd want to see a repeat. We get into lots of strife here in Oz, but fortunately not in the case of the Tequuila boy's death. NO ONE should
have given him 44 drinks.
Take care Dave, glad you enjoyed the jokes. Regards, Merle.
VAL KILMER huh?? Well I saw the comercial for it and it looks kinda hokey or something will have to give it a look see to tell otherwise. I heard that BIONIC WOMAN is toast and they won't bring it back..just as well some things just cannot be re-done!
I am glad the strike is over but sad that 24 will be MIA until late in the year and hope to see HEROES soon again. That show really catches my attention.HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! : )
Hi again Dave ~~ Thanks for the Valentines Day wishes and I hope you have had a very
Happy Valentines Day also. Cheers, Merle.
happy v-day!!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home