103 You might ask...
if the glow has worn off since Sunday and the big trophy I won.
Nope. *chuckling*
Seriously, everyone has been very supportive of my hobby and my particular fascination with cars. The good news is, it's a good hobby, keeps me out of trouble, and I can do things with my wife (cruise nights, car shows or just plain nice rides). Thank you all for your kind words in my comments from Monday.
I wanted to somehow touch once again on my friend Kent, aka Bubba. You know, for some reason, I don't remember how I came to know him as "Bubba". *LOL* Do you Kent?
Bubba also asked about all the times we disagreed. I can't remember ever.
Bubba turned me on to the BEST "Barbeque" in the South, at a place called "The Hickory House". This place smoked their own pork, and you could smell the smoker as you got near the place.
By the way, in the South, Barbeque is a noun. In the North, Barbeque is an adjective. Example. Ask someone down South for some Barbeque, and you get PORK.
Ask someone up North for Barbeque, and they say... Barbeque what? Chicken? Beef? Pork? Sauce?
Ask my other Southern bud, Curt, and he'll tell you real Barbeque comes on a roll with 'slaw'. (ask him the story about the Pickled Peaches some time!) Ok, maybe a blog post some day about that.. and I'm sure there'll be one about Curt one of these days.. and about Tim, another Southern bud.
Memories... writing about these guys, thinking about the food we shared.. makes me feel downright wonderful. *S*
Well, that's it for today... hope you all have a wonderful Hump-Day!

4 Comments:
That's funny, because I grew up in the south and I always choose barbecue beef.
By default, though, you get pork if you just order a barbecue sandwich or ribs.
It all tastes good.
Dave, i don't think that you'll ever let that "feeling" go away, it'll always be with you, as long as that trophy shines!
Memories are like that - you've got to keep 'em shiny - and thus they never tarnish in your mind.
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Now I know what I'm having fo supper - complete with slaw!!! Surely someone else out there has heard of pickeled peaches - yum!!!
Hi Dave ~~ Some good post about good friends. It is nice to remember and to keep in touch with them. Don't like the thought of pickled peaches.
Thank you for your comments about Olive and the jokes. She had a long
eventful life, I find it hard to believe she had all her teeth out at about 30 without anesthetic. AND those teeth were she ones she had all her life. Mike asked her "Did it hurt?" and she snapped back "Well, I told you I fainted twice"
A real character. Take care, Best
wishes, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home