Monday, July 21, 2008

105 Pickled Peaches and Other Bits & Pieces

Ok, so I did a bit of research on Pickled Peaches. I almost hurled when I saw the recipe for Pickled Peach Ice Cream!

Now Curt... this just CAN'T be normal!

Wickipedia even has a page all about Pickled Peaches! Good grief, there are thousands of websites with recipes for pickled peaches.... *chuckling*

Curt posted in his comment the URL for his church website. Please check it out here!

As I said, he's a multi-taltented guy.

One of my wife and I's favorite shows on TV is something on Mojo (a High Def Channel) named Three Sheets. It's a comedian (Zane Lamprey) who travels all over the world drinking with people and learning the local drinking customs, all for our entertainment. The guy usually ends up "Three Sheets" and in the morning searches for a hangover recipe. Well, on http://www.hulu.com you can watch Three Sheets now! All the episodes, all 3 seasons. It's extremely funny, and hopefully you check it out. For a direct link to see him, click here. There's a lot of great TV/movies you can watch on Hulu. If you haven't been there, check it out.

Friday was my wife's birthday, and she seems to have had a nice time. Sunday night, my wife and I, and the two kids just spent some time together which was nice.

Other than that, it's been an uneventful weekend, though it's been very hot and humid here.. almost to the point of not being able to do anything at all outside.

Lastly, to Mark. Don't hold off posting about your buddies. It's always nice to share how you feel, it makes both you AND them feel good. Take the time. *S*

Have a wonderful Monday all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

The pickled peaches don't hold any appeal for me. But, to each his or her own. I think I'm glad now that about the strangest thing my grandmother fed us was zucchini pie (which tasted just like its pumpkin counterpart). That way I never had to ask an embarrassing question like, "So, do you prefer ketchup or mustard on your eggs n' brains?"

I'll try to check out some of that stuff on hulu.com.

July 21, 2008 at 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... as much as I love pickled peaches, I may have to draw the line at PP ice cream. For you IT types out there, you may want to google Google Videos for "IT Crowd". Some hilarious Britsh humor!

July 21, 2008 at 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll have to look at hulu.com...because i do not get any of the channels other than the regular ones on my condo's cable.

Thanks. Glad your wife liked her birthday...sounds wonderful...

Oh, and Mark, if you read this, i like brains without ketchup or mustard.

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

July 21, 2008 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

michelle - that's just not right!

I have heard several times the story of a buddy in college jokingly tossing (pig?) brains into his roommate's shopping cart. The roommate later dared him to eat them, so he scrambled it up with eggs.

I'm figuring what you ate was similar, unless you're a zombie.

July 22, 2008 at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home