121 - Could I Get Any More Sick?
Well, I went to the doctor yesterday (it was the earliest he could see me michelle), and he confirmed it's a sinus infection.
That's the good news.
Besides the antibiotic, he put me on a new cough medicine (pill) for during the day. Something I'd never taken before called Benzonatate. It looks like a small, round translucent bead. Very odd looking. I took my first one this morning before leaving for work.
By 11am, I was sick as a dog. I had a massive headache, and if I tried to walk around, I was getting dizzy. I told my boss I had to go, and explained why. I got home, and lie on my bed and it felt like I was extremely drunk. Bed spinning and all. There's no worse feeling, honestly.
I slept for about 3 hours, and when I woke up, the dizziness was gone, but I still had the headache. So much for those pills.
I'm still not feeling 100%, so I'm going to cut this short and leave you with a small joke:
What is it when a man talks dirty to a woman?
Sexual harassment.
What is it when a woman talks dirty to a man?
$3.99 a minute.
(Hey, I told you it was small!)
Have a wonderful weekend all...!

4 Comments:
Whoa. Sounds like you were one of those referred to in the pharmaceutical commercials, where the narrator very quickly and quietly details the possible side effects while the screen shows someone dancing happily in a field.
Glad you recovered from that pill, and I hope you let your doctor know so he will either be more hesitant to send folks home with it or just plain stop prescribing it.
Funny joke, by the way.
Hi Dave ~~ You were quick off the mark tonight. I hope the anti-biotics fix you up quick smart. You have been sick long enough. That pill sounds dangerous and I hope you told your doctor and he may have a different one. Thanks for your comments and I hope your daughter enjoys the story as well. My granddaughter teaches school also so I told Geoff to tell her about it. Take care Dave and get well soon. Regards, Merle.
good heavens I sure hope your head gets a whole lot better. That swimming head and such is really awful. HEY DAVE McCAIN picked a WOMAN I hear.. what you say now!!! WHEW. I am amazed by it all.. desperation or stupidity.. what you say??? : )
Dear Dave:
Oh, my! Glad that you found out about that pill from taking one, because had you taken more than one, it would have been even worse! Sometimes the human body is slower to react negatively when something like that occurs!
i hope you get better soon...and *smile* i too liked the joke!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home