149 - Credit Card Capers
Here's a good one for you...
While doing the bills tonight, I noticed our credit card bill showed it hadn't been paid last month! It was a big one too, with our upcoming cruise on it. I went into my bank's electronic payment system that I do every month, and saw that the exact payment was paid. I was not going to let them tack on a service charge, and ruin my perfect credit over this, so I called the credit card company and asked them to check my account.
They checked, and they said my last payment was in the first week of September. I told them, my records from my bank showed I had paid them on October 6th. She swore the payment never made it there and asked that I contact my bank.
It was about at this time, I was looking at my bill pay screen and remembered that I also had my daughter's credit card payee listed, as I used to pay her bill through my account before she set up her own a few years ago.
I asked the lady... can she check my daughter's account, and see if I accidentally paid the bill to her account, and sure enough.. there was my money! Well, luckily the lady had a good sense of humor, and realized what a mistake I made, I apologized over and over and laughed at myself for making such a mistake.
The funniest thing is, my daughter had told me last month that when she got her bill in, she had somehow had a huge deposit made on her credit card! She even called them to find out where the money came from and they couldn't tell her.
Luckily, she'll come over Thursday and we'll get it all straightened out.
Don't let this happen to you! *LOL*
And, my usual funny:
An Irish daughter had not been home for over five years. Upon her return, her father cursed her.
Where have ye been all this time? Why did ye not write to us, not even a line? Why didn't ye call? Can ye not understand what ye put yer old mum thru?
The girl, crying, replied, "Sniff, sniff... Dad... I became a prostitute..."
"Ye what!!? Out of here, ye shameless harlot! Sinner! You're a disgrace to this family."
"OK, Dad -- as ye wish. I just came back to give mum this luxurious fur coat, title deed to a ten bedroom mansion plus a savings certificate for $5 million."
"For me little brother, this gold Rolex and for ye daddy, the sparkling new Mercedes limited edition convertible that's parked outside plus a membership to the country club... (takes a breath)... and an invitation for ye all to spend New Years' Eve on board my new yacht in the Riviera, and..."
"Now what was it ye said ye had become?" says dad.
Girl, crying again, "Sniff, sniff....a prostitute dad! Sniff, sniff.
"Oh! Be Jesus! Ye scared me half to death, girl! I thought ye said a Protestant. Come here and give yer old man a hug."
Have a great Hump-Day!

3 Comments:
I dream of being where I can accidentally transfer a huge chunk of cash to someone else's credit card account. Glad you figured it out. You Sherlocked it.
Great joke. I'm descended from "Black Irish," which of course means Protestant, so I'm sure my ancestors can relate!
Mark, does Shannon work?
Ahhhh, that was a cute joke! Thanks!
As for your mistake, you were lucky that you had someone who did understand. Usually when i try to explain that kind of stuff i am faced with the most obnoxious unintelligent folks on earth! You have all the luck! *grin*
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home