139 - Rough Week
I hope you'll all forgive me for no post on Monday, and a very short one tonight.
I had Monday off and my wife took her mom to the hospital for an MRI to see how much cancer she has, and the machine broke 75% into the scan. They hemmed and hawed, told her and my wife to go get lunch, they went back and the thing was still broken. My Mother In Law (MIL) was very upset, and they came back to our house for a bit with my MIL in tears.
Today, I called her at noon, and asked if she had a new appointment, and she said she tried to call the hospital MRI people and only got a machine. I told her to have her doctor call, and she did and the machine was still down. I asked if she wanted to go where I worked, and she said yes.
I called in some favors in the Radiology department where I work (UCONN Health Center) and got her in immediately. I picked up my wife and MIL and took her directly there. Turns out, the radiologist that was going to do her MRI calls bingo at one of the places she goes during the week. She was very comfortable with him, and it was done quickly.
She feels a lot better now, but we're still waiting for her doctor to talk to her.
So.... I'm sorry I've been MIA, and I may be again if there's problems.
Keep her in your good thoughts and prayers please, and thank you.
Dave

6 Comments:
Hope things go well for your MIL Dave, its a worrying time when those we love are not well.
OMG, I'm so sorry about your MIL having cancer! I'm glad you got her into the health center where you work - what an awful experience for her to go through the other day since she's upset already.
She will be continually in my prayers as will you, your wife, and family. *HUGE HUGS*
Dave, i am so glad that you got your mother in law into your health center!
She is in my prayers...as is everyone else in your family!
{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
DAVE.. letting you know I will be praying she will be okay keeping her in my thoughts and prayers too. BEst to you all.. : )
Hi Dave ~~ How awful for your MIL to have the machine break down,, but lucky you got her in to your Health Centre. I hope the results will not be too bad. I will keep her and your wife and you in my prayers. Don't worry about blogging until things settle down. I see we both liked that joke about how to get the police to come. It was a good one. Glad you liked my flowers and the pics of the dogs. Take care my friend, All the very best to you all, Merle.
I think after replying to your e-mail I got mixed up thinking I had commented here, too.
Sorry to hear about your MIL's problems, but isn't it great that you were able to use your connections? People call in favors more often than we'll ever know. Glad it worked in your favor this time, and I hope the results aren't too grim.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home