Monday, November 10, 2008

151 - Putting My Baby Away

Yep, this week, I put my Corvette away for the winter. I've already topped off the gas, checked the air in the tires, left to do is back the tires onto some soft carpet sections, connect the trickle-charger and put the car cover on her. It's a sad time for me.. but soon enough I'll take her out again in the Spring. Have I mentioned, gasoline around here is as low as $2.11 per gallon?

20 More days till vacation!!!

Friday night, the Brew Pub wasn't as nice as we had hoped. It seemed they went for a more young crowd, so the food was very under par, and before we left a band was setting up that was tuning up for about 20 minutes, giving the 4 of us a headache. Sad, as the place is only about 50 feet from a very fancy theater (the kind with great plays, sometimes off broadway shows and shows of people the likes of George Carlin, B.B. King and the like).

Sunday, my daughter and I went to do a bit of Christmas shopping (I want to get all mine done before Thanksgiving. A lofty goal I know, but one I hope to be able to fulfill.

I ended up getting myself a new Winter jacket, a new pair of Dockers pants. My daughter got herself a new pair of boots, and a few other things. All in all, it was productive but I really didn't get anything for anyone else for Christmas. I have Tuesday off, so we're going to go off shopping again in search of the elusive holiday gift.

On to my funny of the day:

Marrying A Connecticut Girl
Three men were sitting together bragging about how they had given their new wives duties they needed to perform.
The first man had married a woman from Louisiana and bragged he had told his wife she was going to do all the dishes and house-cleaning. He said it took a couple days, but on the third day, he came home to a clean house, and the dishes were done.
The second man had married a woman from Florida. He bragged he had given his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes and the cooking. On the first day, he didn't see any results, but the next day, it was better. By the third day, his house was clean, the dishes were done and he had a huge dinner on the table.
The third man married a woman from Connecticut. He told her that her duties were to keep the house clean, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry done and hot meals on the table for every meal. He said the first day, he didn't see anything. The second day, he didn't see anything, but by the third day, most of the swelling had gone down, and he could see a little out of his left eye.

Have a great Monday!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your "report" on your MIL! That's wonderful.

Sorry you had to put your "baby" away for the winter, but yes, soon enough it will be spring and she can come out and thrill you again! *smile*

Like the jokes...i need laughs!

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

November 10, 2008 at 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and here I thought all this time that my wife was from South Carolina...

November 10, 2008 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Love the wife joke. On Monday night I put up one about the Catholic church and casinos.

Our gas is about $1.93 down here. Loving that.

Here's hoping you get your Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving and that the 'vette doesn't get too lonely.

November 11, 2008 at 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home