173 - Windows Experiences
Well, everyone seems to have their opinion of XP, Vista and even now Windows 7.
What I'll say about Windows 7 (Win7) is that it's what Vista SHOULD have been! The User Account Control (UAC) or "nagware" that most people call it, has been greatly streamlined to only warn you once, of things you should be warned about. Secondly, it's faster than Vista (so far.. more on that later). It's cleaner, meaning, less clutter on the desktop and it got rid of the Sidebar, which used up SO much memory. For those who liked the "gadgets" that the sidebar offered, the gadgets are still available, but now they float on the desktop!
Supposedly, Win7 will have the ability to run every application in separate memory, meaning if.. say Word crashes, the rest of the PC will run just fine, and not be hung.
I've been using Win7 on a PC at home for a few weeks, and so far can't find anything I don't like about it!
Now, keep in mind, it's still in beta, so not everything is in the operating system, but it's entirely possible when they add everything, it'll be slower. I'm hoping not.
Mark, did you download a license key for Win7? With a LiveID or hotmail account, you can get 10 licenses (5 - 32 bit and 5 - 64 bit).
More on Win7 at a later date.
Caroldee, as to making the font bigger on your browser, if you're using IE, go to Tools, Text Size, and choose a text size from there.
If you're using FireFox, hold down your CTRL key and use your scroll wheel on your mouse.
That's it for today, I'm in a rush... have a great Hump-Day!

5 Comments:
Nice quick review.
I downloaded it just a couple days ago, but haven't got around to installing it anywhere yet. I thought it was interesting that I couldn't perform the download using Firefox or any other browser in Ubuntu. Had to boot into Windows and use Internet Explorer. Frustrating.
Thanks for the updates
whatever happened to the UCONN recruit, already forgot his name, ? Alter
Ater Majok?
I think his transcripts were messed up. He'll redshirt and play next season I think.
(from last week's Courant)
Ater Majok, still awaiting NCAA clearance, attended the game.
Whew...you guys are out of my league...i can spell computer though...*grin* c-o-m-p...oh, sorry....
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
WOW...I didnt know you could change the text size on firefox by holding down the Ctrl key. That's too kewl. Learn something new every day. 8-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home