195 - March Madness is Upon Us!
This is the time of year when ALL I do is watch College (NCAA) Basketball! It's my favorite sport to watch, and it's over all to quickly. The UCONN Women won the Big East Tournament, and are 33-0, winning all their games this season by double digits (that's a record). They're of course the #1 ranked team in the country going into the NCAA Tournament.
The UCONN Men, were #1 last week before losing for the second time this season to Pittsburgh. Tonight, they play Syracuse in the Big East Tournament, and if they win, guess who they play tomorrow? Pitt.
Sunday, is Selection Sunday. The NCAA picks 64 +1 teams to play in the tournament. We know UCONN Men will be going, but will it be as a #1 or #2 seed? I'm hoping they win the Big East Tournament and get a #1 seed. Right now, they're ranked #3 in the country.
Other than basketball, I'm waiting patiently for the weather to finally take that corner to Spring. I'm sure my friends Peter and Merle will welcome the fall down under in OZ, as they've had an incredibly hot summer. (and Merle, I hope you're feeling better)
Mark, I hope things are well with Shan. I'm thinking of you guys.
Well, other than thinking about having an easy weekend this week, there's not much more to say, so I'll leave you all with a funny:
One morning the husband returns after several hours of fishing and decides to take a nap. Although not familiar with the lake, the wife decides to take the boat out. She motors out a short distance, anchors, and reads her book. Along comes a Game Warden in his boat. He pulls up alongside the woman and says, 'Good morning, Ma'am. What are you doing?'
'Reading a book,' she replies, (thinking, 'Isn't that obvious?')
'You're in a Restricted Fishing Area,' he informs her.
'I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing. I'm reading'.
'Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up.'
'For reading a book,' she replies,
'You're in a Restricted Fishing Area,' he informs her again,
'I'm sorry, officer, but I'm not fishing. I'm reading'
'Yes, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment. I'll have to take you in and write you up.'
'If you do that, I'll have to charge you with Sexual assault,' says the woman.
'But I haven't even touched you,' says the game warden.
'That's true, but you have all the equipment. For all I know you could start at any moment.'
'Have a nice day ma'am,' and he left.
Have a great weekend all!

3 Comments:
I love March Madness. I filled out something like seven brackets last year for ESPN's tourney challenge. Won't need to fill out as many this year since Arkansas won't be in it clouding my homeboy hopes and dreams.
Go Huskies! All the way! Unless an SEC team has a shot, and then UCONN can take a flying leap.
I see you must write on Thursday and post on Friday.
Hopefully we stay at a #2, number #1 seeding has got to be out of the question. My trip to Detroit isn't looking very good, but at least I went to St Thomas!
Can't wait for Monday's post...
Hello Dave ~~ Our Fall started on 1st March and it is great All fires out and we have had a nice rain.
I hope spring comes quickly to you
and all my friends over there.
Thank you for your words about my friend, Gwen. She was a lovely lady
Take care my friend, Regards, Merl
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home