Monday, March 9, 2009

193 - SkyNet is Alive!

The new PC that I bought not long ago, is up and running as my main PC now. The name of it, on my internal network is SkyNet, in keeping with the theme of all my PC's having names of famous computers from TV/Movies.

I had a lot of software to install on it, like Office 2007, Paint Shop Pro, Microsoft Streets and Trips, FireFox, Chrome, etc, etc, etc. I'll make a list soon of some of the software I use that's free, kind of like Mark did recently.

I'm still amazed at just how fast that PC is. Things that took almost a minute on my old PC, take less than 5 seconds now. I'm impressed.

The weather this past weekend was incredibly nice! It was well over 60 degrees both Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately, it's supposed to get back to the 30's on Monday.

This weekend flew by WAY too fast.  I need another weekend, just to catch up!

Well, pretty busy, so I'll wrap it up early.

And a funny for you before I go:

Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and George Washington are on a sinking ship.
As the boat sinks, George Washington heroically shouts, "Save the women!"

George W. Bush hysterically hollers, "Screw the women!"

Bill Clinton's asks excitedly, "Do we have time?"

Have a great Monday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Glad to hear the speedster is up and running as your primary PC. It's always fun getting a new computer. The only thing that might come close is back when I worked desktop support and got to deliver new computers to users. They love the PC guy on that day.

March 9, 2009 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Sounds like you are
having lots of fun with your new computer. I am glad it is nice and quick for you. I really like that joke,have seen it before, but did not post it myself. Good one.
Take care, Best wishes, Merle.

March 11, 2009 at 5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home