Monday, March 16, 2009

196 - March Madness!

The 65 team schedule has been announced, and 3 of the #1 seeds are from the Big East, including one being UCONN!

I'll probably be taking some time off of work this week to watch some hoops and eat some wings.. maybe have a beer or two and root for the teams. I love this time of year! *S*

Plus, it was almost 70 today, and I'm getting the itch for my Vette, but the roads have to be cleared of a lot of the sand before I bring it out.

Friday night, me and 3 friends went to see Watchmen at the movies. It was a very different movie, and I actually liked it. The biggest problem I had with it, is there was a "gratuitous sex scene", that really didn't need to be there. If it weren't for that, it could have been rated lower for kids to see it (and it really wasn't necessary at all).

I got to sleep late on Saturday, and it felt great after the busy weekend I had last week.

Well, lots to do tonight (I write these the night before publishing).

Here's something to make you laugh:

One day a guy dies and finds himself in hell. As he is wallowing in despair he has his first meeting with a demon...
Demon: Why so glum  chum?
Guy:  What do you think?  I'm in hell.
Demon:  Hell's not so bad.  We actually have a lot of fun down here...you a drinkin' man?
Guy:  Sure,  I love to drink.  Love the drinks.
Demon:  Well you're gonna love Mondays then.  On  Mondays that's all we do is drink.  Whiskey,  tequila,  Guinness,  wine coolers,  diet tab, and fresca...we drink till we throw up and then we drink some more!
Guy:  Gee that sounds great.
Demon:  You a smoker?
Guy: You better believe it!  Love the smoking.
Demon:  Alright!  You're gonna love Tuesdays.  We get the finest cigars from all over the world and smoke our lungs out.  If you get cancer - no biggie - you're already dead remember?
Guy:  Wow...that's...awesome!
Demon:  I bet you like to gamble.
Guy:  Why  yes  as a matter of fact  I do.  Love the gambling.
Demon:  Cause Wednesday you can gamble all you want.  Craps, Blackjack, Roulette, Poker, Slots, whatever...  If you go Bankrupt...well you're dead anyhow.
Demon:   You into drugs?
Guy:  Are you kidding?  Love drugs! You don't mean...
Demon:  That's right!  Thursday is drug day.  Help yourself to a great big bowl of crack. or smack.  Smoke a doobie the size of a submarine. You can do all the drugs you want and if ya overdose - that's right - you're dead - who cares!  O.D.!!
Guy:  Yowza!  I never realized Hell was such a swingin' place!!
Demon: You gay?
Guy:  Uh  no.
Demon:  Ooooh  (grimaces) you're really gonna hate Fridays.

Have a wonderful Monday!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 number 1 seeds, who would have thunk it?
Of course, inquiring minds are still wondering what geographic genius thinks Philly is out West!

March 16, 2009 at 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY ST PAT'S DAY DAVE!! Watch out for that green beer.. I heard it makes your PEE green too! LOL :)

March 17, 2009 at 12:01 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Mike, How come Pitt has to play in Dayton instead of Philly, when Duke gets to play 20 miles from home?

Caroldee, thanks.. Happy St. Patricks Day to you too!!! *S*

March 17, 2009 at 6:44 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Hey there! I e-mailed you about the tourney, but figured I would add here that I hope that UCONN and PITT both go as far as they possibly can.

March 19, 2009 at 2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home