Wednesday, March 11, 2009

194 - Tools of the Trade

Prompted by a post that Mark made on his blog, here's some of the tools I use on my PC. Most are free, but what's not is quite inexpensive.

Firefox (Browser)
Chrome (Google's Browser)
Q-Dir (multi pane explorer)
InfraRecorder (CD/DVD Burner)
ImgBurn (ISO Burner/CD Copier)
Foxit Reader (Adobe Acrobat Reader equivalent but faster)
CCleaner (best tool for cleaning up PC)
EvJO Photo Image Resizer (indispensable for resizing multiple photos)
PSPad Editor (incredible text editor, great for programmers)
HandBrake (used for taking movies and resizing and converting for my iPod)
CuteFTP (FTP program. Cheap but real good)
FireFTP (free FTP program from FireFox)
DVD Shrink (DVD Ripper)
Whisper32 (password manager. I'd be lost without this)

All you have to do is Google any of the names above to find them. There's probably a few more, but I can add them at another time.

Other than that, is readership really down, or are people reading but not commenting? Enquiring minds want to know! *chuckling*

That's it for now, I hope you all have a great Hump-Day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ This is far too technical for me, but obviously you enjoy using these programs.
Thanks for your usual kind remarks about my blog. Slightly better but
still have pain waking.
Must get on with a post of some sort.
Take care, Regards, Merle.

March 11, 2009 at 5:30 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I have used most of those at one point or another. The Q-dir has me interested because I have used other Explorer alternatives in the past. I might check out the photo resizer for my wife so she's not clogging up our Internet connection with her massive uploads to Facebook photo albums. I had one that I finally managed to make easy for her to work, and then I decided to wipe her laptop and haven't messed with it again.

March 11, 2009 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Hey! Looks like Handbrake is just what I need for my PocketDish! I have tried other transcoders in the past, but none seemed to work well. Next time I have a trip coming up, I will have to try this one.

March 11, 2009 at 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...I'm pretty sure I've leaving comments, maybe missed a few. So you use Chrome? I've debated about it but I have FF set up exactly as I want and hate to mess up a good thing if you know what I mean.

March 11, 2009 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi again Dave ~~ Glad you got to laughing at my post jokes. I am a little better
thanks for asking. Take care, Regards, Merle.

March 12, 2009 at 3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home