223 - Four Days till Vacation!
I'll be taking Friday off of work, so technically, I'm on vacation as of Thursday after work! On Friday, I'll go to the movies with my brother to see the new Terminator movie.
Saturday night, we had a nice Graduation Party for my son. We had about 11 people here, and everyone had a good time, and good food (it was a cookout). Now, if we could only get him to find a job, but with the economy the way it is, it may be some time.
The good news about our cruise is, we're back on for Mexico!!! Now I can get my Tequila again. *S*
I'm looking at a new toy, computer-wise... this is what I'm looking at. What do you think? *S*
This past Friday night, it was nice enough to take the Corvette out, and I took it up to the Torrington Cruise Night (about 12 miles from my home). My wife and I had a wonderful time. Now, if only warmer weather would arrive!
On to some fun...:
Late Show Top Ten
Lines Never Before Said in a ‘Star Trek’ Film Presented By Lenord Nimoy
10. Warp factor 8! Arby’s closes in 10 minutes
9. We’re entering a breach in the space-time continuum or a wormhole or some crazy crap like that
8. Set phasers to fabulous!
7. Welcome aboard the Starship Enterprise — today’s in-flight movie is “Big Momma’s House 2”
6. We’ve been hijacked by Somali pirates
5. Sir, I’m going to need Saturday off to attend my nephew’s bar mitzvah
4. My baby-daddy is a Vulcan — on the next “Maury”
3. The Enterprise just hit a goose — we’re gonna have to land in the Hudson
2. Live long, prosper, and keep on hangin’ and bangin’
1. I find your choice of hairpiece highly illogical
Age and Experience
A wealthy old lady decides to go on a photo safari in Africa, taking her faithful aged poodle named Cuddles, along for company. One day the poodle starts chasing butterflies,
and before long, Cuddles discovers that he is lost.
Wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly
in his direction with the intention of having lunch.
The old poodle thinks, "Oh no, I'm in deep doo doo now!"
Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat.
Just as the leopard is about to leap , the old poodle exclaims loudly, " "Boy, that was one delicious leopard. I wonder if there are any more around here?
Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees. "Whew, that was close. That old poodle nearly had me,"
Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So off he goes, but then the old poodle sees him heading after the leopard with great speed and figures that something must be up. The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes up a deal for himself with the leopard.
The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says,"Here, Monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine !"
Now the old poodle see the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, "What am I going to do now?" But instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to is attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and just as they are close enough to hear, the old poodle says, "Where's that damn monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me
another leopard !!"
Moral of this story . . .
Don;t mess with old farts . . age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill ! Bulls**t and brilliance only come with age and experience !!!
Have a great Monday all!

3 Comments:
Pretty good specs for the money when you add in the convenience.
I hope your son has good luck finding a job. With my bachelor of arts in English, I got a job as an administrative assistant making 18 grand a year (this was in 1995, but still not much $), lived in a trailer park, and learned HTML skills on the job. I teamed up with my wife at night to clean offices for another income. Then, while a technical writer near D.C., I dug into the red Novell manuals when my employer wanted to upgrade his DOS computers to Windows 95 and still hook them to his Novell 3.12 network. That's how I started my computer career.
I hope for his sake that his mileage varies.
Novell... do you know I still have an unlimited user version of Netware 5 at home! *LOL*
Those were the days...
Taking a few moments to sneak in here and read back as much as i can!
Congratulations to your son, he's a handsome fella, and i imagine he looks a lot like you did when you were that young! *grin*
Miss being here, but i just cannot at the moment, but you know why, so...
Anyway, glad you still do this, and wish i could stay, Dave!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home