Friday, March 5, 2010

322 – 47 More Days Till vacation!

Yep, the days are going fast now… and it’s time to start looking at shore excursions in the ports. Or, we could just walk around and explore on our own!

Hey Mark, did you check out the link here from Wednesday’s post?

No big plans for the weekend.. may go to the shooting range with my daughter, and maybe tomorrow go down and start up the Vette seeing as it’s going to be around 52 degrees out! Come on Spring!

Just found out recently that Comcast, my cable TV provider will offer the ability to set my DVR up from my PC anywhere! Should be available this month.. another thing that’ll be real cool to have.

A friend of mine, Paul from Rockford IL, sent me this quote from Theodore Roosevelt from 1907 about immigrants:

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good
faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an
exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any
such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the
person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There
can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something
else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American
flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language..
And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American
people.'
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Wow… powerful words and so very true!

On to something funny:

Common wedding questions and answers
Q: Is it all right to bring a date to the wedding?
A: Not if you are the groom.
Q: How many showers is the bride supposed to have?
A: At least one within a week of the wedding.
Q: What music is recommended for the wedding ceremony?
A: Anything except "Tied to the Whipping Post".

A man is almost about to die

As he lay on his deathbed, the man confided to his wife, "I cannot die without telling you the truth. I cheated on you throughout our whole marriage. All those nights when I told you I was working late, I was with other women. And not just one woman either, but I've slept with dozens of them."
His wife looked at him calmly and said, "Why do you think I gave you the poison?"

May I borrow your dog for a few days?

It's for my mother-in-law," explained the mourner at the funeral procession. Tightening the leash, he gestured down at the dog and said, "My Doberman here killed her."
"Gee...That's terrible," commiserated the spectator. "But... Hmmmm... Is there anyway you might lend me your dog for a day or so?"
The bereaved son-in-law pointed his thumb over his shoulder and answered, "Get in line."

Have a wonderful weekend all…!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Yep, I checked out the link. I had seen it before, but I still clicked around a bit. It is quite intimidating to think of how big Ringworld is. That's a great book, but the way, if you've never read it.

Oh, while I was at Half-Price books this past weekend waiting for my "offer," I browsed the sci-fi section. I found Spider Robinson's Callahan's Key, but not Callahan's Crosstime Saloon, and I didn't want to start with a sequel. I still want to read that.

March 5, 2010 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ The days are going by now and with spring weather, that will help. I enjoyed Theodore Rooseveldt
speech and also the jokes. Thanks for sharing. Take care, my friend,
Regards, Merle.

March 9, 2010 at 3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home