Monday, March 8, 2010

323 – Freaky Nice Weather

This weekend the weather was u near 60! Weird when you think a week before we had just had around a foot of snow on the ground. Now, the grass is bare but for the places the plow made piles.

I finally took some pictures of our new Patio Doors, see what you think (keep in mind the room around them needs to be painted now!

IMG_1604

To the right is the door in our kitchen to one side of our deck. (click on a picture to ‘embiggen’)

We have a very large deck across the back of the house (you might be able to see the gas grill out the right side window in that door). To the left of this picture, is our sunk-in family room where the next picture was taken.

 

IMG_1606

 

 

 

That’s the big door! *LOL* Only the center section opens.. but it faces South East and lets in a lot of light. My chair is there to the left and our big screen TV is off to the right off camera.

 

Well, I just figured you’d like to see them.. *S*

On Saturday, I went to take a test drive in  a brand new 2010 Corvette. I can only say “Holy Fracking Cow!” Not that I’m going to buy a brand new Corvette, but I am looking to upgrade mine to maybe a 2008 model year (the C6 Generation vs the C5 that I have now). Basically, when the Corvettes go through a major change, they change generation numbers. Examples, the C1’s were from 1953 through 1962, the C2’s were 1963 through 1967. At the end of of those model years (‘62 and ‘67), the body style and overall car changed significantly. Anyways, I’m very picky about colors and options.. so I haven’t found what I’m looking for yet.

On to something funny:

The Old Man

A old man was sitting in the front row at a town meeting, heckling the mayor as he delivered a long speech. Finally the mayor could stand it no longer, so he pointed to the heckler and said, "will that gentleman please stand up and tell the audience what he has ever done for the good of the city."
"Well Mr. Mayor," the man said in a firm voice. "I voted against you in the last election."

The Police

A police officer in a small town stopped a motorist who was speeding down Main Street. "But officer," the man began, "I can explain."
"Just be quiet," snapped the officer. "I'm going to let you cool your heels in jail until the chief gets back."
"But, officer, I just wanted to say,..."
"And I said to keep quiet! You're going to jail!"
A few hours later the officer looked in on his prisoner and said, "Lucky for you that the chief's at his daughter's wedding. He'll be in a good mood when he gets back."
"Don't count on it," answered the fellow in the cell. "I'm the groom."

Have a great Monday all…!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Funny wedding joke.

Very nice doors, too. We installed brand new sliding-glass doors (two sets) leading out to the deck of our last Arkansas house. Non-standard size, so not cheap. Then we moved within about six months. Ouch!

So, make sure you stay in your house a while. Those doors are far too nice to leave behind.

March 8, 2010 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hello Dave ~~ The doors look terrific
and they are so wide and the deck looks nice too with the BBQ. Thanks for your comments. The weather has
improved but we had great rain about
3 inches in a few days. Wonderful.
I pity the Police who arrested the
Chief's son in law.
Take care Dave, With Best Wishes, Merle.

March 9, 2010 at 4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home