Wednesday, March 31, 2010

333 – Three Weeks from This Afternoon..

I’ll be on vacation! With a nice long weekend in between (this Friday-Sunday), it’ll go even quicker.

The weather this weekend is supposed to get up to around the 80’s, so I’ll be putting the insurance back on the Vette and getting it out for some play time.

We’ve got all kinds of flooding up here in CT from the heavy rains over the last 3 days (over six inches).

Some good news came out yesterday, as it was announced that AT&T will not continue it’s monopoly on the iPhone! Verizon will begin selling them late this fall.. and if I have my way, I’ll be switching providers from Sprint.

Was anyone else excited to see the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) finally split particles yesterday?  I’m not sure it’s worth $10 billion, but it’s exciting nonetheless.

And for the chocolate lovers among us, it’s now proven, chocolate is good for your heart!

On to something funny:

Who Says Men Don't Remember Anniversaries

A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband was not in their bed.
She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front him. He appears deep in thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip of coffee.
"What's the matter, dear?" she whispers as she steps into the room. "Why are you down here at this time of night?"
The husband looks up, "Do you remember 20 years ago when we were dating, and
you were only 17?" he asks solemnly.
The wife is touched thinking her husband is so caring and sensitive. "Yes, I do," she replies.
The husband pauses. The words are not coming easily. "Do you remember when
you father caught us in the back seat of my car?"
"Yes, I remember," says the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him.
The husband continues..."Do you remember when he shoved a shotgun in my face and said, "Either you marry my daughter, or I will send you to jail for 20 years".
"I remember that too", she replies softly.
He wipes another tear from his cheek and says... "I would have gotten out today!"

Male assertiveness

A mild-mannered man was tired of being bossed around by his wife so he went to a psychiatrist.
The psychiatrist said he needed to build his self-esteem, and so gave him a book on assertiveness, which he read on the way home.
He had finished the book by the time he reached his house.
The man stormed into the house and walked up to his wife.
Pointing a finger in her face, he said, "From now on, I want you to know that I am the man of this house, and my word is law! I want you to prepare me a gourmet meal tonight, and when I'm finished eating my meal, I expect a sumptuous dessert afterward. Then, after dinner, you're going to draw me my bath so I can relax. And when I'm finished with my bath, guess who's going to dress me and comb my hair?"
"The funeral director," said his wife.

Have a wonderful Hump-Day all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Love the jokes today. I wonder, though, have you considered a Droid phone? They're pretty awesome, and my local friend Alvis loves his.

Just saying that although the iPhone obviously is very cool, you don't need to wait on it. I'll be interested to see what the minimum plans are for the iPhone. Every time I consider a fancy phone (I don't even have a personal mobile phone), I realize that the plans required for them are way out of my price range.

March 31, 2010 at 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i no longer own a cell phone either and have removed the long distance from my home phone. Times are tough, really tough for some of us...

Came by to see what was happening in your neck of the woods, and i see that there are many floods. Read a few of the jokes, so sent you one for the next blog you do. Hoping you can use it.

Sorry that i have not been around, life is tough...

Yours,

michelle

March 31, 2010 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Thank you for your usual
complimentary comments. No matter how
I think a post isn't up to scratch,
you tell me it's great. Thanks.
Have a wonderful Easter my friend.
I enjoyed your jokes and that vacation is getting close for you.
Take care, Regards, Merle.

April 1, 2010 at 5:36 AM  
Anonymous caroldee said...

HAPPY EASTER DAVE to you and your
family! I wondered how you were fairing with all that rain,, glad
you are dry. :)

April 2, 2010 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Happy Easter Dave.

April 3, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home