Friday, March 19, 2010

328 – Friday @ Last!

This is about the fifth year in a row that a few of us take a half day off, and go get some beer, wings and watch NCAA Basketball! It’s always a great time.. though it’d be a lot better if the UCONN Men were playing in this tournament. Either way, it’ll be fun and wonderful company.

I read this morning that Fess Parker passed away. I remember him as Daniel Boone, and Davey Crockett, as well as other things he did. He was one of Hollywood’s all time gentlemen, married for 50 years!

We’re down to 33 days till vacation.. and with the weather in the next two days in the 70’s, I can feel Spring here! I’m very tempted to put the Vette back on the insurance to take a ride tomorrow… but I think I may wait as next week it’s going to be in the low 50’s again.

Sunday is our wine club’s big Wine Dinner, a very fancy schmancy affair with incredible food, and fantastic wine. The downside is I have to wear a suit (those that know me, know I hate wearing a suit!). I’ll try to post the menu on Monday.

On to something funny:

The Service

One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex was staring up at the large plaque that hung in the foyer of the church.

It was covered with names, and small American flags were mounted on either side of it.

The seven-year-old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the boy, and said quietly, "Good morning, Alex."

"Good morning," replied the young man, still focused on the plaque.

"What is this?" Alex asked.

"Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service."

Soberly, they stood together, staring at the large plaque.

Little Alex's voice was trembling and barely audible when he asked, "Which service, the 9:45 or the 11:15?"

Computer Users

Young Susie was having trouble with her computer so she called Wes, the computer guy, over to her desk. Wes clicked a couple buttons and solved the problem.
As he was walking away Susie called after him, "So, what was wrong?" And he replied, "It was an 'ID ten T' error." A puzzled expression ran riot over Susie's face. " 'An ID ten T' error? What's that, in case I need to fix it again?" He gave her a grin. "Haven't you ever seen an 'ID ten T' error before?" Susie replied, "No." "Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out."
. . . . . . . . . . I D 1 0 T

Have a wonderful weekend all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I was just wondering yesterday why I don't ask for a half day (or a whole day) off when the first round of NCAA tourney comes around. There were some very exciting games yesterday.

This is the first I have heard about Fess Parker. I'm sure that because he was born in Forth Worth and grew up just outside San Angelo, we'll be hearing about his life and death quite a bit in local media.

March 19, 2010 at 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home