326 – 37 Days till Vacation!
Almost a month away.. it’s coming fast, but I hope when it gets here, it goes by slowly when it finally gets here.
Well, my favorite time of year has arrived… NCAA Basketball Tournament time. Even though my UCONN Huskies are relegated to the lowly NIT (National Invitational Tournament), I take pleasure in knowing that the North Carolina Tar Heels are there too, last years national champions. Unlike the NCAA Tournament, there are only 32 teams in the NIT. It should be fun no matter where they play.
I’ll be taking a half day off Friday just to watch basketball as I do every year (from a sports bar with great wings and friends).
From one of my lesser known domains, pcgeekweb.com:
Beware the Ides of March
Now used as a metaphor for impending doom, the "Ides of March" was originally simply a name for March 15th. In the ancient Roman calendar, the term "ides" referred to the 15th day of the months of March, May, July, and October and the 13th of all other months. The Ides of March was a festive day dedicated to the god of Mars and often marked with a military parade. However, when Julius Caesar was assassinated on that day in 44 BCE, the phrase took on an entirely new meaning. Who killed Caesar?
To tell you the truth, I never knew what it meant till now.. *chuckling*
On to something amusing:
What does this stand for?
111111
TIME
"A lady picked up several items at a discount store. When she finally got up to the checker, she learned that one of her items had no price tag. Imagine her embarrassment when the checker got on the intercom and boomed out for the entire store to hear, ‘PRICE CHECK ON LANE THIRTEEN, TAMPAX, SUPER SIZE." That was bad enough, but somebody at the rear of the store apparently misunderstood the word 'Tampax' for ‘THUMBTACKS.’ In a businesslike tone, a voice boomed back over the intercom: ‘DO YOU WANT THE KIND YOU PUSH IN WITH YOUR THUMB OR THE KIND YOU POUND IN WITH A HAMMER?’
and…..
An introvert went to bar and spots a pretty looking woman sitting on the stool. He mustered all his courage for long time, then timidly approached and asked her, "Ma’ am, would be OK if sit here and talk with you?" She was alert, suspecting this man, and responds by yelling, "No, I won't sleep with you tonight!" Customers in the bar started staring at them. The embarrassed guy quickly returns to his table dejected and ashamed. The young woman waits a little and then goes to the guy to apologize. With a smile on her face she says, "I am sorry if I embarrassed you. You see, I am a college student in psychiatry and I am putting together a thesis as to how people react to embarrassing moments." The cunning guy now yells loudly, "What do you mean by $500?"
Have a wonderful Monday all…!

2 Comments:
Your vacations always seem far away, then, BAM!, they're right on top of us.
As someone who took Shakespeare class (I and II) in college, I couldn't have come out of there without knowing the Ides of March. Not sure how else it helped me to study The Bard so intensely, since I veered from the professor path.
et tu brutus
The ides of March is my birthday. Sometimes when I want to mess with someone asking me my birthdate I will say the ides of March and then wait for their response lol.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home