Wednesday, March 17, 2010

327 – Happy St. Patricks Day!

st_patricks_hat

So, how many of you are wearing Green today?? I am! I love St. Patricks Day… beer,  corned beef and cabbage dinner… mmmmm! I feel like I was Irish in another life!
Having been to Ireland, I know what a happy, wonderful people they are.

 

I was reading an article online yesterday, and I was stunned to see a list of famous bands who are NOT in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame! Check out this list:

KISS, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Chicago, Hall and Oates, Rush, Alice Cooper, The Moody Blues, E.L.O., Cheap Trick, Bad Company, Peter Frampton, Heart, T-Rex, Bon Jovi, Journey, Foreigner, Public Enemy, Red Hot Chili Peppers (this was their first year of eligibility)

I’m astounded that some of these (especially Chicago) aren’t in there.

Looks like nobody even guessed at my little amusing thing on Monday.. hmm.

I’ll tell ya, I’ve had a hard time with this season’s time change.. I’ve been very sluggish in the mornings since Sunday. It’s better today.. but it’s taken longer to get used to it than in the past. Am I getting old? (don’t answer that)

Hello to my new blog reader Derek Haines from Switzerland! I met Derek on Twitter, and believe me, if I ever go back to Switzerland and meet Derek, we’re definitely going to be trouble! *LOL*

I found an excellent article on CNN.com about Are classic cars dead as history repeats itself? Click on the picture of the Purple Hemi Cuda halfway down the page for a slideshow of some outstanding cars!

Have I mentioned… I may be selling my Corvette? More to come later on this.

On to something funny for my bud Bubba:

You know you're in a small town when ...
... You dial a wrong number and talk for 15 minutes anyway.
... You are run off Main Street by a combine.
... You can't walk for exercise every car that passes offers you a ride.
... You don't use your turn signal because everyone knows where you are going.
... You get married and the local newspaper devotes a quarter page to the story.
... You drive into a ditch five miles out of town and the word gets back to town before you do.
... The biggest business in town sells farm machinery.
... You write a check on the wrong bank and it covers you anyway.
... The pickups on Main Street outnumber the cars 3 to 1.
... You miss a Sunday at church and receive getwell cards.
... Someone asks you how you are, and actually wants to know.

Have a great St. Patricks Hump-Day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I completely missed that little puzzler you included on your Monday post. I don't know the answer without spending more time on it, and I'm not sure I would get it anyway.

I'm wearing green. I have two shirts with exactly the same design, except different colors. At first I put the blue one on, and then remembered it was St. Patrick's Day, and changed it out for the green one.

Some of those Rock & Roll Hall of Fame exclusions are baffling. I'll bet for some (Hall & Oates, Chicago) it might be because they had such long second careers where their music was so different from their first time out of the gate. Might include Foreigner for that reason, too.

March 17, 2010 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Oh, and as you probably can tell from my freckles, I have quite a bit of Irish blood in me. My family traced our roots back to a castle in Ireland, and my aunts have pictures of it. My ancestors were "black Irish," meaning they were Protestant, not Catholic.

March 17, 2010 at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home