335 – UCONN Women, National Champions!
For the second year in a row the UCONN Women went undefeated, and beat the Stanford Cardinals to win their second NCAA Basketball Tournament in a row! Only one other NCAA team in any sport has gone undefeated for two seasons in a row, the other being UCLA from 1971-1972. That’s 78 games in a row.
It was an INCREDIBLY hard game to watch, as both teams shot so poorly in the first half, the UCONN Women were down 20-12. Their biggest deficit all year. The second half though, was not going to go the same and the women pulled away to finish the game
53-47. It was also the first single digit loss in all 78 games over 2 years!
Now… all we have is to look forward to next year, to see if they can keep the streak alive!
Two weeks from this afternoon, I’ll be on vacation. I’m so excited… I just can’t wait.
One odd link for you all today, The 11 Strangest How-To Books!
No joke today… I’m just basking in the glow of our UCONN Women’s National Championship for the 2009-2010 season!
Have a wonderful Wednesday all…!

1 Comments:
Those are some funny How-to books.
And, as I commented on an earlier post, congratulations to the UCONN women's basketball team! Quite a run they're on.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home