Wednesday, April 14, 2010

337 – 7 Days and Counting!

Seven days from this afternoon, and I’ll be on vacation! The best part is, the wife’s already given me the OK to book another cruise, an 11 nighter in November! More on that another time.

I wasn’t here Monday as the wife and I took the day off Monday for our 30th wedding anniversary! Wow… 30 years. Hard to imagine sometimes… *S*

This past weekend I went to see my first of the new 3-D movies in Clash of the Titans. Now, while the movie was “ok”, the 3-D was pretty impressive. It wasn’t the “something’s coming towards you in your seat” kinda 3-D, but very impressive in it’s depth. The other good news is, if you took the glasses off, the movie was still watchable with no shadows to blur things.

I also went out this past weekend to get a new pair of shorts for our cruise. I think I have everything, so I’ll be doing some major packing on Sunday, as I won’t have much time next Wednesday.

On to something funny:

A Mafia Godfather finds out that his bookkeeper has cheated him out of ten million
bucks.

His bookkeeper is deaf. That was the reason he got the job in the first place.

It was assumed that a deaf bookkeeper would not hear anything that he might have to
testify about in court.

When the Godfather goes to confront the bookkeeper about his missing $10 million, he
brings along his attorney, who knows sign language.

The Godfather tells the lawyer "Ask him where the 10 million bucks he embezzled from
me is.

The attorney, using sign language, asks the bookkeeper.

The bookkeeper signs back: "I don't know what you are talking about."

The attorney tells the God father: "He says he doesn't know what you're talking
about."

The Godfather pulls out a pistol, puts it to the bookkeeper's temple and says, "Ask
him again!"

The attorney signs to the bookkeeper: "He'll kill you if you don't tell him!"

The bookkeeper signs back: "OK! You win! The money is in a brown briefcase, buried
behind the shed in my cousin Enzo's backyard in Queens !"

The Godfather asks the attorney: "Well, what'd he say?"

The attorney replies: "He says you don't have the balls to pull the trigger."


And from my friend Mike H:

WASHINGTON FOLKS
God was missing for six days.  Eventually, Michael, the  archangel, found
him, resting on the seventh day.

He inquired, "Where have you been?"
God smiled deeply and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look,
Michael. Look what I've made."
Archangel Michael looked puzzled, and said, "What is it?"
"It's a planet," replied God,  "and I've put life on it... I'm going to call
it Earth and it's going to be a place to test Balance."
"Balance?" inquired Michael, "I'm still confused."
God explained, pointing to different parts of earth. "For  example, northern
Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while southern
Europe is going to be poor. Over here I've placed a continent  of white
people, and over there is a continent of black people.   Balance in all
things."
God continued pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely
hot, while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."
The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then  pointed to a land area and
said, "What's that one?"
"That's  Washington State, the most glorious place on earth. There are
beautiful  mountains, rivers and streams, lakes, forests, hills, and plains.
The people  from Washington State are going to be handsome, modest,
intelligent, and  humorous, and they are going to travel the world. They
will be extremely  sociable, hardworking, high achieving, carriers of peace,
and producers of software."
Michael  gasped in wonder and admiration, but then asked, "But what about
balance, God? You said there would be balance."
God smiled, "There's another Washington.  Wait till you see the idiots I put
there".

Have a wonderful Wednesday all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

LOVE the Washington joke. The other one was good, too, but check the last few lines. I think something got messed up when you pasted it in (or however you put it in there). Of course, by the time most people read this you will have fixed it and I'll look (even more) like an idiot.

Congrats on a November cruise. If November 16 falls during that cruise, give a shout-out for my birthday out on the high seas.

Speaking of 3D movies -- I have offered to take Benjamin to "How to Train Your Dragon" three weekends in a row, and he hasn't taken me up on it yet! Shannon wants to go to.

April 14, 2010 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

That is, "to go, too."

April 14, 2010 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Thanks for the catch Mark... all fixed now!

April 14, 2010 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger bubbanem said...

Excellent posting, comrade! I'll be sending a link along to some folks who will enjoy both stories.

Are you planning anything new and different on the upcoming cruise? Perhaps a new port experience?

April 15, 2010 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Happy 30th anniversary, you're right it is a long time!!!

April 15, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home