510 – Another Day in Paradise…
Well, it was a nice, if not hectic weekend here. We booked our next vacation (a big one), but more about that another day.
One of the coolest things about my newer iPad, is a small app called FaceTime. Basically, it’s video chat, almost like a video phone call.
I called my daughter through FaceTime this weekend, and chatted with her for a few, saw my little buddy Max (her puppy) snoozing on her lap, and said hi to her boyfriend. I can’t figure out why the normal telephone companies/cable haven’t come up with it for normal home use. Probably bandwidth issues.
Friday night, I went to a cruise night with a friend at a Hooters restaurant and had a great time.
Saturday night we went out to dinner with the same friend and his wife for a great Prime Rib meal!
Sunday, the usual go to see Mom in the morning, and work around the house. Then our auto club had a meeting in the early evening.
On to something funny:
A man walks into a bar and asks the bartender, "If I show you a really good trick, will you give me a free drink?" The bartender considers it, then agrees. The man reaches into his pocket and pulls out a tiny rat. He reaches into his other pocket and pulls out a tiny piano. The rat stretches, cracks his knuckles, and proceeds to play the blues.
After the man finished his drink, he asked the bartender, "If I show you an even better trick, will you give me free drinks for the rest of the evening?" The bartender agrees, thinking that no trick could possibly be better than the first. The man reaches into his pocket and pulls out a tiny rat. He reaches into his other pocket and pulls out a tiny piano. The rat stretches, cracks his knuckles, and proceeds to play the blues. The man reaches into another pocket and pulls out a small bullfrog, who begins to sing along with the rat's music.
While the man is enjoying his beverages, a stranger confronts him and offers him $100,000.00 for the bullfrog. "Sorry," the man replies, "he's not for sale." The stranger increases the offer to $250,000.00 cash up front. "No," he insists, "he's not for sale." The stranger again increases the offer, this time to $500,000.00 cash. The man finally agrees, and turns the frog over to the stranger in exchange for the money.
"Are you insane?" the bartender demanded. "That frog could have been worth millions to you, and you let him go for a mere $500,000!" "Don't worry about it." the man answered. "The frog was really nothing special. You see, the rat's a ventriloquist."
Have a great Monday all!

3 Comments:
Hi Dave, thanks for the heads up re the virus message, nothing shows up on my AVG program so I think its a hoax to try and get you to buy software to block it out.
This was the case with blog friend Judy recently.
Peter, I sent you an email with a screen shot of the error msg I get in Google Chrome.
The virus is malicious code on your blog, whether it be a redirector somewhere, or a bad script.
Hi Dave ~~ I am so glad you had a very enjoyable weekend and that there
is another cruise coming up.
The joke was funny too.
I am so enjoying the week with Bec.
My son John took a couple of days from his annual leave to spend time with her, so we are all having a great time. She is here until Sunday
and then I will miss her. It is a long way to Queensland.
Take care my friend, Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home